A cruise and a ramble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cute duck Andy. Not sure I want one resident onboard unless it`s toilet trained.
Talking of strong westerly winds, yesterday was a day of high bush(forest) fire alert here. Probably 200 homes lost, some loss of life, last night over 90 fires burning, 30 plus out of control, across numerous parts of the state. Probably the worst fire day in 10 years. We are immediately east of 40 acres of natural bush, on alert all day just in case, there is a risk of ember attack from distant fires, although we are 8km from the centre of Sydney, which was inundated with smoke. Today we give thanks to the fire personnel, especially the many volunteers who risk themselves and take time off work to help others.

:facepalm: one or two would have been nice! :socool: :rofl:

Al (extreme left) often has a beer near at hand. (Didn't know my elbows, the fellow in the dark blue shirt, were so ugly.) Meanwhile, Matt looks amused. Thankfully, we aren't underway, but instead parked at the Pittsburg marina.

img_185303_0_2772e390f823be128cf072c23f230c2d.jpg

Last edited:
Cute duck Andy. Not sure I want one resident onboard unless it`s toilet trained.
Talking of strong westerly winds, yesterday was a day of high bush(forest) fire alert here. Probably 200 homes lost, some loss of life, last night over 90 fires burning, 30 plus out of control, across numerous parts of the state. Probably the worst fire day in 10 years. We are immediately east of 40 acres of natural bush, on alert all day just in case, there is a risk of ember attack from distant fires, although we are 8km from the centre of Sydney, which was inundated with smoke. Today we give thanks to the fire personnel, especially the many volunteers who risk themselves and take time off work to help others.

Sounds horrific, Bruce. Hope you and yours are safe and sound.

Mark,

First, that's the first time anyone has attempted to describe me as "extreme left".

Second, I try to remain well hydrated since you never know how long it might be before a drink comes your way. No doubt BruceK is feeling much the same right now. I just pray he has beer nearby. (cheers, Brucek!)

Mark, I don't know how to tell you this but that's not a boat, it's a horse(or two).

Let me guess, after your cannon episode your home land security people confiscated your boat and gave you a horse, which you promptly named 'You Coot'!(because it would not go near water)

Bruce, yes I was around West head yesterday(America's Bay) and the boat was covered in ash & smoke, with the high winds thrown in, not good. It's worrying that this is happening so early in the season.There's an awful lot of dry bush out there, let's hope for some rain.Pity the poor buggers up in the Blue Mountains.

By the way the duck is not house trained, but being wooden I didn't think that would be a problem.

Andy....I think this was Peter's way of indicating that a "fridge full of beer" was not part of the offer.;)
Not so Heal...now don't be a stirrer. In fact I'm not a beer person. My sons (and others) look at me pityingly when we are out at say some Bavarian Restaurant awash with exotic beers and I just order my usual Hahn Premium Light. And I really only enjoy that when really thirsty...

Not so Heal...now don't be a stirrer. In fact I'm not a beer person. My sons (and others) look at me pityingly when we are out at say some Bavarian Restaurant awash with exotic beers and I just order my usual Hahn Premium Light. And I really only enjoy that when really thirsty...

Dang Pete....are you sure you're Australian?

Attachments

• Flywright.jpg
    Flywright.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 238
WOW! I really like seeing your name in BOLD letters! Nice! :whistling:

Oh my! A new sheriff in town. Walt we will have to start talking about Al by PM. You just never know what's going on out there in Mod Land.

Mark, I don't know how to tell you this but that's not a boat, it's a horse(or two). ..

I'm sitting on the horse "Ace." The animal in the background is a mule. Photo taken in the High Sierra in 2002.

... I'm not a beer person when we are out at say some Bavarian Restaurant awash with exotic beers and I just order my usual Hahn Premium Light. And I really only enjoy that when really thirsty...
I drink light beer on the boat. Leaves space for a glass (or 2) of wine. Maritime officers can and do breathalyze skippers. And as skipper you need to be ready for anything that arises. Boring, boring, so un-Australian, I know, but true.

Oh my! A new sheriff in town.
I'm really trying to think of something witty to say but nothing's coming through. I guess it's because I know Al was born to be a leader and joining the Mod Squad is just the first step. Geez, I'm so proud of him! :cry:

Shucks, guys...you're embarrassing me. :blush:

I'm still trying to figure out this super hero tool belt they issued me. Half this stuff I've never seen before.

What does this one do?

:trash:

That's pretty cool...

(Hey Don...I sent you a PM.) :rofl:

Mark, glad you straightened that out...I thought that was a horses ass..!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom