Help! I've bled air somewhere FL-135

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for the wiring. Take it one system at a time and learn where it all goes. Learn what is being used and what is not. When you see a bad connection with electrical tape, wire nuts, or generally failing... fix it or replace it. If it's not in use... pull it out. Over time, you'll have MUCH neater wiring and a MUCH greater understanding of the system overall. That's the most important.

Well, that's what I'm aiming for. I'm close to making my own wiring diagrams. The bridge is the most questionable. Not sure how much of the designed current is reaching the instruments, and I suspect that with the age of the instruments, there's some physical dirt, corrosion, particulate, and just plain age that's making them off. (Tach is under-true, water and oil pressure are off).

Plus, I've got stray dead wires galore. Many hands have touched my wiring. Very easy to see.

But at least I've got fresh fuel filters!

Okay, so I am traveling on business, returning Saturday night. Anyone know a diesel-friendly auto parts store where I could pick up the right spin-on filters on a Sunday ?

Check ahead of time in a FRAM or other cross reference book.
Farm places that handle a wild variety of engine parts is better than a chain store .

When you get the proper sets of numbers write then in the log and buy a CASE.

Each filters will need to be placed in a plastic bag as they will rust aboard in storage.
A spray of the steel portions inside with fogging oil is a help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom