Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The gale's are blowing for you calling you back to the water for another trip, my ol' boat is still in about the same condition or worse calling me back for some wrench time and painting and engine work. Safe travels and I for one look forward to be a tag along.

Do me a favor and tell my boat hello for me when you get to Deltaville. It's on the hard at Zimmerman's Marina for service and we won't get to see her until December when we load up and head to Florida.

Dave

Sorry guys. Seven footers out today so it was hurry up and wait. Tomorrow looks good though.

Do me a favor and tell my boat hello for me when you get to Deltaville. It's on the hard at Zimmerman's Marina for service and we won't get to see her until December when we load up and head to Florida.

Dave

Will do. I left DVL last year on Dec 28th so it's never too late.

Dave

We should be headed south and in the Deltaville area around Dec 14th....not many boats on the water then...we'll probably be the only other one out there :D

Just hauled our boat for the season :)cry:) at Blue Hill, Maine, just a micro hair south of Daddyo. If past experience means anything, the boating weather will now be exemplary for the next two weeks.

Just hauled our boat for the season :)cry:) at Blue Hill, Maine, just a micro hair south of Daddyo. If past experience means anything, the boating weather will now be exemplary for the next two weeks.

Aha such is life! Yet on the other hand, isn't it time for all these predicted hurricanes to show up that haven't been this season?

Good bye Acadia for now

ForumRunner_20131009_072027.jpg

Headed offshore. 180nm to the Cape Cod Canal. See you tomorrow morning. I have my two sons with me so this will be luxurious :)

ForumRunner_20131009_074821.jpg

We should be headed south and in the Deltaville area around Dec 14th....not many boats on the water then...we'll probably be the only other one out there :D
We'll keep an eye out or you. We should leave Deltaville around the 8th and plan to cruise 4 days on, 3 off (while I work a bit from the boat) as we head south.

Dave

I wonder how was the ride today with small craft advisory out in the ocean?

Be safe and enjoy the journey.

Nobody is passing through/by Jersey today or tomorrow...gale warnings and they might extend into next week. Gusts to 25 at least. Seas already 12 feet at the mouth of DelBay.

First pic is last night's sunset and then this am. 10 miles from the Cape Cod blight now. Pretty good sized beam seas at times. Autopilot turned itself off and we did big loops for a while before anyone noticed!#$&

ForumRunner_20131010_064753.jpg

ForumRunner_20131010_064836.jpg

A million times better than driving a car to work:)

Hey Daddyo, I'm rebuilding my boat and can't leave the dock so hitching along with you is going to help keep the blues away. I like your attitude and get it done boating style. Keep posting and safe boating all the way to you.

Any wonder why some people are confused when you tell them your boat is a trawler?

ForumRunner_20131010_111049.jpg

Not the prettiest but a sight for sore eyes after 28hrs in mostly beam seas. The CAPE COD CANAL

ForumRunner_20131010_111359.jpg

Udaman, Daddyo. A good call on the weather window. This stuff is not for amateurs. A novice out there today with mechanical problems could be in real trouble. It is a good thing you know your boat, and what to do if something goes wrong.

It is very interesting keeping up with your cruises. I like your cruising style.:thumb:

Thank you, thank you! They really are like women. I thought I knew her then she changed her mind, argh!

"I'm just a dude dressed as a dude playing another dude"

Attachments

• 29943.jpg
    29943.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom