New Photos of Rainha Jannota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Portuguese

Guru
Vessel Name
Rainha Jannota
Vessel Make
Curruira 46
Hi Guys

...The construction continues for the big day in March...

A little bit here, a little bit there...we can hardly see advances!

The final color. Burgundy in the hull a clear beige in the housing. It will work? We’ll see!!

Attachments

• P9180012.JPG
    P9180012.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 209
  • P9180013.JPG
    P9180013.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 200
  • P9180016.JPG
    P9180016.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 197
  • P9180035.JPG
    P9180035.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 202
  • P9180060.JPG
    P9180060.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 224
  • P9180011.JPG
    P9180011.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 204
  • P9180015.JPG
    P9180015.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 206
  • foto.JPG
    foto.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 697
Looking good!

Man, that is a schweet piece of marine hardware!

I am already feeling feeling like a kid in Disneyland!

Obrigado Steve

This wheel was originally built in Mahogany by my best friend Ivo, 15 years ago when I decided to get a trawler for my retirement. At that time he had just discovered a cancer in his loams, but still he wanted to build something that I could have in my boat if I ever had one.
He left us in 2008, on May 29th, about 3 months before I started to build Rainha Jannota

Thanks Ivo, your piece of art will always be in front of me.
fernando

Attachments

• P7220025.JPG
    P7220025.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 190
  • P7220024.JPG
    P7220024.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 242
Wow! she is coming along. So March 2014 is the splash date. Its great that you have shared the building of you boat and letting us be part of decision process.

That helm is a work of art. We have several items on the boat that have great meaning to us.

Sooo Very Nice! TY for sharing!

Obrigado Steve

This wheel was originally built in Mahogany by my best friend Ivo, 15 years ago when I decided to get a trawler for my retirement. At that time he had just discovered a cancer in his loams, but still he wanted to build something that I could have in my boat if I ever had one.
He left us in 2008, on May 29th, about 3 months before I started to build Rainha Jannota

Thanks Ivo, your piece of art will always be in front of me.
fernando

Fernando,

What a wonderful gift. It is tough to lose a best friend, but every time you take that wheel in your hands you will be connected again. I can't think of a more meaningful and thoughtful gift. It is obvious that you were a good friend to him too. Thanks for sharing this personal story.

Your boat is beautiful. It is mind boggling to think of the work it takes to build such a vessel. We may not be there physically when you launch her, but we will "be there" none the less.

Ditto everything Moonstruck said. What a special helm. It's special pieces like Ivo's wheel that give a boat real character; something you can see and feel that is a true part of you and your best friend. It doesn't get any more special than that.

Fernando, you're a man with vision. Your boat is taking beautiful shape. Keep those pics and updates coming.

Wow!! That wheel is totally amazing! I have never seen anything like it. It's unfortunate that you friend has left us, he was truly a skilled and gifted master craftsman.

PS: The Boats is great too . . Like Al says, "Keep The Pictures Coming!!"

Larry B

Guys

Thank you very much for your kind words. With Ivo I built my first boat an Amigo from Glen-L. Then, there was a redwing 21' for him. He also re-build the interior of a FRP 23' sailboat that I had many years ago, Xakapili. He also built a professional fishing boat for my father-in-law when this retired 22 years ago. Ivo was a furniture maker with this uncontrollable passion for nautical carpentry.
When I started to think about the Trawler life style, he told me that cigarettes did not taste as good as in the past. From that to a problem there was a small step.

But he had a good life and a very faithful family. He was a happy man always covered in sawdust.

I’ll come back to you with more pictures and a video in Youtube when we launch the Rainha Jannota

Stay safe

Last edited:
Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Back
Top Bottom