Cruising in Mexico & Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dswizzler

Vessel Name
Delta Swizzler
Vessel Make
1988 58' Vantare
Just wondering if we have anyone online cruising outside the US, ( I thinking Mexico, South America or the Caribbean) and if you have boat insurance, what kind ? Any recommendations ? We are currently on a 18 month window to start heading south and not sure if my current provider is the best solution. Is there any special coverage, that you might not have stateside ?

Thanks,

We have been insured with Mariner's General from Africa to Alaska and all points in between. They were the only company last year that would insure us for the outer islands of Venezuela. They have what they call the Odyssey Program, all risks, agreed value. They also will write Mexican Liability Insurance which is required if you go into a marina in Mexico. We've had one small claim with no issues. One thing we do like is we have $250 deductible for our electronics that covers us if we get hit by lightning.

Send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

Just wondering if we have anyone online cruising outside the US, ( I thinking Mexico, South America or the Caribbean) and if you have boat insurance, what kind ? Any recommendations ?
I have been using American Marine out of Ojai, CA for years. Every so often I shop my policy to verify that I'm getting a fair price on my premium. So far, no problems and excellent coverage. I first started using them in 1995 when I was going to Mexico quite frequently. They covered me then and they continue to do so today. :thumb:

About American Marine Insurance

Back
Top Bottom