Old 10-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
Pau Hana
Guru

City: Seattle, WA
Vessel Name: Pau Hana
Vessel Model: 1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfromhell View Post
I was a sailboat (40ft) owner for over 10 years and cruised all over the Gulf and San Juan Islands. I sold it to take care of family, work etc etc. Now, 15 years later I am retiring and my wife and I are considering returning to the boating life we loved so much. We both believe a trawler is a wise choice for us but we have never spent any time on one. Would anyone consider chartering their 34-44 foot boat for a weekend or perhaps a week so that we could be certain instead of hoping we are making the right decision before we spend many thousands of dollars ? We would not venture very far from your home base, just tie up at a few local marinas and marine park bouys. We would respect your boat and would return it in as good or better condition than when we took it.
Stan
T 604 802 1995
pattyandstan@hotmail.com
Stan, unfortunately, insurance on a private pleasure vessel would not cover a charter, as that is deemed a commercial risk. Folks have done it, and gotten away wit it, to be sure- but, if there is a loss, coverage would be null and void, and both parties may have to lawyer up and get litigious....

There are a few charter operations in Anacortes that meet your requirements:
  • Anacortes Yacht Charters
  • Ship Harbor Charters
  • ABC Yacht charters
  • Crown Yacht Charters

Alternatively, perhaps a friend with a trawler style vessel could take you and your wife out for a few days.

Hope this helps!

1989 52' PT Overseas yachtfisher
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote