Summer '10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
I haven't posted much about this summer so far. *Cyndi had surgery and a lot of our friends are checking out the expat lifestyle!!! *We have had a few good weekends though....this past one was pretty damn fun and I am still recovering!!!!

Anyway....

-- Edited by Baker on Monday 9th of August 2010 08:46:06 PM

Attachments

• nb8.jpg
    nb8.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 76
  • nb7.jpg
    nb7.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 73
  • nb6.jpg
    nb6.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 87
  • nb5.jpg
    nb5.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 85
  • nb4.jpg
    nb4.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 87
  • nb3.jpg
    nb3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 84
  • nb2.jpg
    nb2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 88
  • nb1.jpg
    nb1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 81
  • yo.jpg
    yo.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 76
Looks like a good time was had by all!

Is that Kim Goolsby in a couple of those? Also, can you tell me about the route you use to get to Topwater and the depth alongside the restaurant?

Nope, no Kim G. on there....although I think she is a sweetheart!!! I go to Topwater like going to redfish. Pass West of Redfish. There is plenty of water until you get South and West of the Island and you will see where the "old island" meets a reef that lays East to West. There is a little skinny pass of deep water(7ft+) that goes between the two. It is on the charts and it is real. Anyway, once you go through there you can start heading back to the West. All of the charted water depths are accurate. It will start to get skinny again as you approach the entrance to the little "marina"...probably about 5ft and hold between 4-5ft all the way in. If you are 4ft or less, I would have no problem doing it in the Summer. Those are depths off of MY sounder and you can likely add about another foot for true water depth. I think your boat could do it just fine. Might push a little mud here and there but that is all it is.

Baker wrote:

and a lot of our friends are checking out the expat lifestyle!!!
Speaking of ex-pats, here's the deal for you.* Forget this Continental/United outfit and go fly for Emirates Airline in Dubai.* They are arguably the best airline on the planet, and they recently became the largest international airline in the world.* ALL their flight and cabin crews are based in Dubai.* Every one of their almost-300 daily flights, be it a short hop to Saudi or a 17 hour flight to Houston, begins or ends in Dubai.* Every flight they have is point-to-point with one of the points always*being Dubai.

Unions are illegal in the UAE but Emirates pays their people comparably to the other premium international airlines.* There are no income taxes in the UAE and the airline provides very nice housing for their cabin and flight crews if they want it.* Or you can provide your own housing.* So you can bank almost everything you earn if you want to.*

Their training facility has to be seen to be believed--- it is the best in the world--- and their maintenance facilities are spectactular, for want of a better term.* They have the largest fleet of 777s in the world--- 85 at last count with some still to be delivered and a new order of 30 recently placed.* Their 777 crews fly both the passenger and cargo 777s.* They also have a growing fleet of A380s.* Their A330 and A340 fleets are probably on the way out.

All the pilots we met were either British or American.** They actively recruit*cabin crew from all over the world and they are one of the most employee-oriented airlines I've ever worked with.* In one of the first cabin announcements made on a flight they list the languages spoken by the cabin crew and there are rarely less than ten or twelve.

Fantastic outfit if you can deal with living in Dubai, which is now on the road to recovery after their financial crisis.* The airline's business is up by a huge percent this year.* Your photos are nice, but compared to Dubai, it looks like you were at a Sunday school picnic
smile.gif

No interest in Dubai.*

Imagine my "Sunday school pics" if all the ladies were wearing burkas????.....not my cup of tea!

-- Edited by Baker on Friday 13th of August 2010 01:34:01 PM

Baker wrote:

No interest in Dubai.*

Imagine my "Sunday school pics" if all the ladies were wearing burkas????.....not my cup of tea!
Nobody wears burkas in Dubai.* They wear bikinis.* You're thinking of Saudi Arabia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom