Cruising to the Keys, slowly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
We left Houma LA mile 59 WHL January 11 heading East, just by accident we met up with fellow list member Jon Gill his wife and grandson when they entered the ICW just ahead of us we cruised together across the Mississippi at New Orleans we went our separate ways for a while and now are in Port St. Joe Marina in some very windy conditions. We'll soon head to Appalachicola, and at the first good weather window, head across the Gulf, Jon to Clearwater and us to Tarpon Springs for a couple of days before continuing South along the coast, we are in no hurry and making lots of stops along the way.********************************************************************** ****** St. Joe Marina and the town, which is very close by, are both excellent I'd definitely recommend it as a stop.

I'll post a short account of the crossing once it is out of the way.*
Steve W.

Good luck with the crossing. Sounds like a great trip and a great plan. Quite luxurious to not be in any hurry!!!

Should your travels include crossing FL via Lake O , remember our free dock in Ortona .

I just checked the blog and Steve and Marsha made it into Tarpon Springs today with no troubles. Two thumbs up crew!!!

There was a good weather window Wednesday so we left Apalachicola at Noon. MV Cashinitin, a 44' Defever, crossed with us. We used Government (Bob Sikes) Cut through St Georges Island to get out to the Gulf, the bay side channel to the cut was about 8' deep, the channel itself 12-16'. I understand it was dredged not too long ago. During the night it got a little rolly but was a good crossing. We came in just north of Anclote Key (lots of crab pots) entered the South channel to Anclote River and were tied up at the City Marina at 11:45 am Thursday.
Heading South again Monday.
Thanks Fred and Steve, Fred I'll check with you on the return.
Steve W.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom