View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
Woodsong
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
fuel tank inspection ports

I want to take the covers off my fuel tank inspection ports and see how things are looking in there.* Seller suspected starboard tank was leaking.* If it was I am 110% sure it was a leak that is higher than the current fuel level as there is definitely no leak right now at all.* I am still not sure there ever was a leak from the tanks as he was not sure but anway...I wanna poke my head in there and take a gander, particularly since I want to put some more fuel in the tanks this weekend.*
So my question is- what do you reseal the inspection ports with when done??* Assuming if they are even sparkling and all pretty inside, I won't be filling them up to the inspection ports but I do want to seal them properly.* What say ye?
Also, let's say I inspect and they look ok or they look bad and want a second opinon or whatever.* If I just reinstall without sealing and don't put any fuel in them at even a level that sloshing around couldn't get fuel up to that level, will temporarily re-installing without a sealant mean that i will have stinky diesel fumes going everywhere driving my wife crazy?*

Thanks!
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote