Tundra TJ80 Fridge: Loss of 110 Volt Function

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bensjoy

Vessel Name
REFUGE
Vessel Make
Performance Trawler 35
Lost 110 volt function on my Tundra TJ80 Fridge. Both fuses in power supply OK. Dometic said that power supply is defective. Has anyone had the same problem and replaced this part (Part #3309723.017)?
Is it OK to run fridge on 12 volt function with battery charger on at the dock for extended periods of time?

We have a Vitrifrigo with the Danfoss compressor. It was also a 110/12 unit but the controller quit working. I replaced it with a 12VDC only unit because it was cheaper. I figured if I had 110VAC I would also have 12VDC through the battery charger.

Been working fine for over a year now.

Bob

The 110ac/dc controllers on refrigeration units using the Danfoss compressor are well know weak links and I get the sense that they generally need to be replaced every three years or so. Refrigeration is usually the largest electrical usage on a boat. If you are going to run the refrigeration off the batteries when you are connected to shore power you maybe be adding to the number of cycles of charge discharge that your batteries go through. Perhaps another member who can explain whether this use puts any wear and tear on the batteries. The batteries after all cost way more than the controller.

I have two units with Danfoss compressors and carry a spare controller.

Marty

Crap electronics are a hassle in the RV industry as a low inital price seems to be more important than longevity.

These folks make superior replacements for many items ,perhaps for your reefer.

Dinosaur Electronics Home. High quality circuit boards for RV ...

www.[B]dinosaurelectronics[/B].com/‎
Home page for Dinosaur Electronics, a manufacturer of high quality ignitor boards and control boards for recreational vehicle furnaces, water heaters, ...

Back
Top Bottom