Pura Vida!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
Well folks, y'all will have to pardon my absence for the next week. *I will be going to Costa Rica to do a little surfing and just a little R&R in general. *I will likely have internet access but don't know how inclined I will be to use it. *I will likely pop up a time or two over the next week.....but I may not. *So y'all have a good weekend and a good week and behave yourselves!!!!....
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ahh! Last winter's vacation was to Nosara. At 60, I learned to surf. Ater a week walking the beach and watching the lessons being given by the Aussie Chicks, taking lessons was irresistable. I chose Esteban as my instructor, as I wanted to learn and I could still watch the Aussie Chicks before or after.
Turned out to be great lessons. I hurt for 7 days after the third lesson, but man did I feel like I had done something!
There was internet everywhere.
Have a great week John.

Thank you sir. It has started out by some of our surfboards(mine of course) not making it. We think they will be delivered today. Thank God for Skype!!!! Still surfed last night and getting ready to go today.

Nosara is one of my favorite places down here. Been there many times. We are in Playa Grande now. Little better wave although a bit crowded.

You're a better man Than I John Baker.

****** I went to Hawii once and tried surfing* Without lessons* I borrowed a surf board and paddled out. What could be hard about this? Any way I caught a wave and got up on my knees. The next thing I knew I was being ground into the sand for about an hour. Ever try to breath water?* Don't.** When I finally made it to the surface I was about 5 miles from the beach or so it seemed. The surf board was nowhere in sight.*I wound up having to be rescued. I was so tired I could barley move.* A humilitating experience. As Ringo may have put it. *No no no no I dont surf anymore.* I'm Tired of waking up on the shore.*
SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Monday 25th of January 2010 11:45:47 AM

SD - That seems to happen to a few people.* A friend of mine, well experienced with* Flying Scotts and HobieCats on the Chesapeake, moved to Hawaii a number of years ago. * He comes back for a visit occasionally and we'd go out sailing on the Bay when we could.* Well, the last few times he was here we couldn't get him out on the boat.* We didn't think much of it until later when we talked to his brother.* It seems that in Hawaii he rented a Hobie style cat for the day and took off into the ocean.* He got capsized and could not get the boat righted.* And, as you know, now you're out in the middle of the Pacific and drifting away.* Before total panic set in he was spotted and the CG called to the rescue.

We have never gotten him back on a boat since!

*I'll Bet.**

I haven't been back in the water in 20 years now. On it. You bet your life. In it.* Not a chance.* Drowning does that to you.

SD

Funny, I have similar recollections from my first/last attempts at skiing and water-skiing when I was in my 40's.

A great trip it was. I may end up living down there....sooner rather than later. I was even looking around for liveaboard possibilities. Anyway, as they say, Pura Vida!!!!

I am with you on Costa Rica. I have never been there but my research shows it to bean awsome, comfortable, affordable place. If you were surfing I assume you wereon the West Coast? Did you check slip prices while there?

I never saw an actual marina in the classic sense. Their marinas are usually shoeside facilities with moorings in a bay. I think Los Suenos is more of a classic marina over in the Jaco area I think.

Back
Top Bottom