View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
Baker
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinghyDog View Post
The PT design prioritizes living space over sleeping space. As a couple with only occasional guests, it works very well for us. However, if your plan is to accomodate friends, family/grandkids on a more consistent basis, I would say a traditional aft stateroom and v-berth arrangement would be a better choice. That said and unless you already have, I would further consider your guest requirements over the long term. We've found a single weekend outing is usually sufficient for most friends and family members to check that boating experience box.

Mike
Very well said. You have to be VERY honest with yourself with how often you will actually have guests aboard. I know you have these dreams of being able to entertain guests/family/kids/grandkids but in reality, it likely ends up being a weekend or two a year. Are you going to sacrifice the type of boat you buy for that one or two weekends??? Again, I know you want to...I know there is likely a "dream" of all of these awesome weekends with said guests mentioned above. But reality is likely different from that dream. So in this case, it is good to be a little bit more selfish!!!
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote