Cable Runs Mainship 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rciamaga

Does anyone know how to get at the cable runs from the flying bridge and mast area to the bilge? I surmise that the ceiling panels come down in the salon but don't know how to take them down.

There is a chase in the hollow post stb side immediately aft of the lower helm door. It can be accessed from the stb lazerette on the bridge and comes out near the aft edge of the fuel tank. The chase is full of cable and wire and it is difficult to get a feeder line thru at the engine room side. I used an electrical fish from the top and lots of patience - 2-3 hours. Use about a 1/8" line to withstand the resistance of pulling in a wire and enough length to pull either way from the bridge or lower helm. From the mast everything, I believe, must be fed inside the port lazerette and to the stb chase if you wish to get down to the engine room or lower helm. The ceiling panels do not come out in my boat. If you cannot get the fish thru at the engine room side drill a 3" hole in the chase in the salon to help feed the fish thru and install a heater vent. The outlet at the lower end of the chase can difficult. Good luck

RC, do you mean a new 34 or an older original 34?

-Chris

It's a 2006 so I guess the new one. I'm new to Mainships having just sold my sailboat.

Got it; in that case, I suspect Baypie is describing your boat. The older (original) 34 had no door at the lower helm...

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom