View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #25
Theta

RE: $300K - What would you do?

Walt thanks for the advice and congrats on 8 successful transactions in 15 years - love your current boat. I've actually gone through 7 boats in the same period and enjoyed every last one of them (25 - 32' single engine trailer boats). This next boat will be my home for a number of years and needs to be safe and comfortable for my wife - we will not have a land based residence other than mom and sisters guest bedrooms in Florida. I will be moving the boat around to various cities on the east coast and the midwest/great lakes areas for intermittent (4-12wks) work, during which my moorage is paid for. Months in the keys and Bahamas are planned. I would also like the capability to hit the BVI's and visit friends living in Costa Rica and Belize. Possibly in a few years do the Panama Canal, Sea of Cortez then up the left coast to the inside passage - that will require a different boat. Perhaps plans will change, who knows - just like to be as prepared as possible and don't want to be in a position where I don't have "enough" boat.
Theta is offline   Reply With Quote