Wooden boat insurance policy-Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Al

Guru
Vessel Name
'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Make
1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Greetings to the Forum.

An inquiry for assistance is being made. The current owner of our past wood boat along with other wood boat owners, in Ketchikan Alaska recently received notice that wood boat insurance policies will not be continued. This apparently addresses both hull/liability and stand alone liability policies.

As there are many quality wood boats remaining in the pleasure boat field it is thought that members of the forum may have suggestions as to underwriters addressing wood boat coverage, particularly in the simple stand alone liability policy

This inquiry relates to Alaska in particular to which we seek information, yet may be subject for general discussion .

Looking forward to the responses,
:flowers:

Al Johnson-Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere)-Alaska

The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

Greetings to the Forum.

An inquiry for assistance is being made. The current owner of our past wood boat along with other wood boat owners, in Ketchikan Alaska recently received notice that wood boat insurance policies will not be continued. This apparently addresses both hull/liability and stand alone liability policies.

As there are many quality wood boats remaining in the pleasure boat field it is thought that members of the forum may have suggestions as to underwriters addressing wood boat coverage, particularly in the simple stand alone liability policy

This inquiry relates to Alaska in particular to which we seek information, yet may be subject for general discussion .

Looking forward to the responses,
:flowers:

The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

That is news to me, as we have an office in Anchorage, a huge insured market throughout the state, and have not heard anything about this. If you have any info on this, would you mind passing it to me? My email address is peter@anchormarineinsurance.com.

Sounds like a single insurance market (company) has decided to stop offering policies in AK, and (based on the game of telephone) that information morphed into the purported blanket cancellation of policies.....

Followup- insurance for wooden boats in Alaska is alive and well!

Thanks Peter, Master and Commander of the boat just email his contentment and relief. Good show.
This forum is awesome with the information that flows to any inquiry of worth.
Thanks, again
al Johnson

Greetings to the Forum.

i believe his usual dining companion was Sir Lunchalot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom