Follow the Alaskan Sea-Duction's Adventure Up the West Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Starting tomorrow morning (9-17) you will be able to track our adventure bring our new boat home. Just go to the shared web page and it will show you were we are and where we have been. First part is highway to CA, then out SF Bay for a 700nm run to the Columbia River. Have fun following our adventure.</SPAN>

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0qELqdHqGPQWf8ZtSvBmXWFyFuoFvE9xn

This site is our boat blog and will be updated if and when I get a cell signal.

http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Great looking boat- looks very much like ours!

Be safe on your run, and have fun!

Great looking boat- looks very much like ours!

Be safe on your run, and have fun!

Cool! The Camargue has a Offshore heritage. Look at at the hull design of the current Offshore boats.

After 12 hours of driving we finally made it to the boat. Took a while to unload the truck! The folks we bought the boat took us out dinner. Went to the boat and cranked the air. This boat has 2-50amp hook ups. I can see I will have to upgrade the dock. Kay heads back tomorrow and I start the preparations for the cruies. Pics to follow tomorrow

2 50 amp? Can you take a photo of the inlets, or describe the plug arrangement?

I can see 2 30 amp inlets (that's what we have). 100 amp is crazy!

Looks like the America's Cup Races will end well before the 21st. Hopefully those gouging high Bay area berth rates will subside by the time you get there.

Hi Peter,

The second 50 AMP receptacle is usually adjacent to the first and typically provides power to the A/C only. I have the same set up (as well as a 30 Amp plug). In warm climates, you can run the boat off of one 50 Amp circuit and all of your Air Conditioning off of the second 50 Amp circuit (not that I've ever had to actually do that). :D

I can see 2 30 amp inlets (that's what we have). 100 amp is crazy!

I Wish I had that. My a/c units are split on the 30's but when I turn on the hot water heater the one dock breaker trips.

Have a safe and fun trip!

Tom, the jokes on me. I went to your SPOT page before I read your latest post. It showed the boat traveling down the freeway headed south. THEN I read your BlogSpot and realized what was going on. DOH!!!!

Have a safe trip, my friend. I'm looking forward to your adventure.

Hey, Scott- When I grow up. my avatar will contain a warwagon like yours!

Didn't think about the potential for Tom's boat having A/C, His boat is pretty similar to mine, so I figured the loads would be about the same.

I have 2 30A receptacles; Shore 1 is for all standard house loads, and Shore 2 has the washer/dryer, forward, salon, and flybridge heater, and about 12 unused circuits.

Similar Paul, I like the door in the master bedroom. I will take pics of the outlets and panel tomorrow. I have 2 sides to my shore power panel. Each side has an A/C on it.

Well today, I changed the all three engine oils and filters. 9 Gallons of oil!! NAPA had Valvoline 15-40 on sale. Wore out. Now I am worried about the weather, see weather thread. Cooked some dogs on the grill and the wife and I started cleaning the boat, The shower was first!

Attachments

• DSCN4893.jpg
    DSCN4893.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN4896.jpg
    DSCN4896.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN4900.jpg
    DSCN4900.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Great pics of the fuel polishing by Duke/Charlotte. Those SeaBuilt plates are very stout. I was pleased with the quality of those when Duke installed them on my boat.

You'll be hitting the big pond with confidence in your fuel system. Nice!

Enjoying my first scotch aboard the MY Alaskan Sea-Duction! Blog updated.

Took the boat to Antiach and fueled it for the first time. 426gallons@ $1656.35 Didn't hurt as much as I thought. Kay's first ride on her new boat. Looks like we may have a weather window starting Thursday!

Looks like this weekend is a go! Sea will flatten out starting Friday. Looks like I will move the boat to Sausalito on Friday, my crew will arrive that night and leave Saturday morning. Should have good sea through Tuesday morning and if the low in the Gulf O Alaska starts to move it will affect the PNW seas starting late Tuesday. Time to get things ready. Am I ready? I think so..........

Looks like this weekend is a go! Sea will flatten out starting Friday.

My experience with west coast weather is tomorrow's forecast is pretty safe, 3 days out is fair and 5 days out is 50/50 at best. Start watching the sea buoys several hundred miles offshore to the NW too for wave heights, amplitude etc.

Earlier today I got a call from my weather guy and my crew. My weather window closed as fast as it opened. I was hoping to make it to Crescent City by Sunday early morning, but 13-14 foot seas at 14 seconds is a bad situation.

So at this point we will wait and I will get an update from my weather guy tomorrow. Most likely I will be paying rent at this marina. maybe for the better part of the winter waiting on a window. Just frustrated with Mother Nature right now.

Here's your chance to try out some of our many marinas in the Delta and Bay. You can make an adventure out of it.

Glad I blew that one. You know me, Mark...I'm always looking for the silver lining.

If I were retired I would explorer the delta. At this point I may go home and leave the boat here, until a good windo opens. Yeah I am disappointed, but this is part of the game..

Well good thing I am staying put:

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR WINDS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING
[SIZE=+1] THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS IN EFFECT FROM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] EVENING[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] HAZARDOUS SEAS WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] MONDAY AFTERNOON[/SIZE]

Still waiting

Made some new friends at Driftwood marina, Steve, Bonnie and Terry. Still waiting. Looks like a window may open on Friday after this big storm passes. 3" of rain predicted for Portland tomorrow. Small craft advisory for Cape Mendencino through Thursday, but starting to lay down. We will see.

Heading home tomorrow so I can go back to work. Frustrated, but I know I will get her to her new home soon

The winds were very, very light today in Vallejo.

img_181768_0_fa9459aa345aba57f96ace4a08279e1e.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom