Georgetown, SC Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh! That is sad! Georgetown was always one of my favorite stops on the ICW. Thanks for sharing that, Don.

John

I just hate to hear that. The first trawler I remember seeing was in Georgetown -- a GB.

This is bad!

Attachments

• Georgetown waterfront fire.JPG
    Georgetown waterfront fire.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Georgetown fire street front.JPG
    Georgetown fire street front.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 101
We stopped in Georgetown on April 11 and 12 this year while doing the Great Loop. It was a beautiful small town with lots of history and interesting places to visit. What a sad thing for parts of it to be destroyed by fire.

Here are links to my blog with pictures for those two days.

Adventures of Great Laker

Adventures of Great Laker

sounds like it was one block and not one full of many restaurants...while not good...what do people really think it will affect?

I don't think much from my experiences there...

sounds like it was one block and not one full of many restaurants...while not good...what do people really think it will affect?

I don't think much from my experiences there...

The ambiance of the town was the old buildings and small town historic look. I don't think it will be pleasant for awhile to be tied up along the harbor walk. It will hurt all the merchants and restaurants.

yes...but just one block? Not sure that will ruin the entire ambiance....depends on how they deal with reconstruction also....

I don't think it will deter me from visiting....

That stinks! There are only two blocks so one is a lot. I like Georgetown a lot. Stayed there in May and managed to tear up my leg. I hope they rebuild quickly and in a manner congruous with the surrounding historic nature.

Georgetown, SC in late May this year

ForumRunner_20130928_210357.jpg

Georgetown, SC in late May this year

View attachment 23244

Had a Defever 48 pass through Avalon, NJ today...got me all excited but knew it couldn't be you...anyway...looking forward to my trip south (stop in Georgetown TBD)...hope yours goes well too...

I'll bet that was "Whichaway". They were up here in Maine and came by my boat to drop their card but I wasn't there.:facepalm:

I'll bet that was "Whichaway". They were up here in Maine and came by my boat to drop their card but I wasn't there.:facepalm:
Big inflatable on tip up davits? They must be good cruisers as they didn't get the word to avoid the NJ ICW...:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom