View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #12
Alex F

City: East Coast
Vessel Name: Inspiration
Vessel Model: 420DB
I've had the cell booster kit from Digital Antenna and I'm not happy with it at all. Recently I picked up the new Wilson Sleek booster kit and after testing it side by side (one ihpone 5 in the booster cradle and the other iphone 5 a foot or two away) I see no difference. As part of my kit I've purchased the external marine antenna from Wilson, as per their advice. They said that it will work much better than the small standard one made for car.

I was cruising in Long Island Sound and anchored in the spot with poor signal. The Wilson didn't do much at all. On occasion, I would get an extra bar, but it was very spotty (in and out). The other iphone 5 with no booster attached was getting pretty much the same signal. There were times when no-booster phone got 3 bars while the one with the booster still had 2 bars.

When on the hook, I would get very mixed signal 1x, 3G and LTE. The problem was that the iphone 5 with no booster attached was getting pretty much the same mix of signals.

So, based on my test anchored and then cruising I feel that it's a waste of money. I hope that there's something out there that really works. If anyone found something good, please share the source.
Alex F is offline   Reply With Quote