View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #32
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidd63 View Post
Hello I'm new to this site and need some help. We have a 1962 42' Tollycraft Adventurer. Lapstrack wood hull.

I need to find a set of blueprints for the boat. I know what I'm asking is a long shot, but I gotta at least try. Does anybody know where to get a set of blueprints for my boat? I tried Tolly (now Resource International), but they said they probably wouldn't have a set.

I need to make some costly repairs and would like to pre-manufacturer some of the parts from a blueprint.
Yo kidd...

Congrats on owning a Tolly.

Guess you spoke with Gordon Graham, Resources International founder and current owner. He was Tollycraft's lead purchasing agent for a couple decades during Tolly's manufacturing heyday. I recommend calling to speak with Gordy if you haven't?? He's not too great at email communication!

Sign in to the forum (its free) and start a thread with your request on Tollycraft Forum. http://www.tollyclub.com/forums/forum.php There are a bunch of “decades ownership” Tolly gurus that do their best to answer needs. Also, use the search feature and place appropriate words or questions. Threre is a plethora of Tolly knowledge stored in the archives,

No matter how well manufactured a decades old boat was, it all has to do with care given by PO as well as break down conditions that simply, quietly develop. All types of boat building materials can get funky in areas as their age progresses... and... wood is surely susceptible to its many frailties. That said; dilapidated wood can always be removed and repaired with new wood!

Wish I had more to provide you regarding your 1962 42' Tollycraft Adventurer...

Happy Boating Daze & Good Luck!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote