46 ft Durbeck Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Apogee

My wife and I are looking at a 46ft Durbeck aft pilot house trawler and can,t seem to find any info on her can anybody help

Cannot help you with that, but can at least say "welcome to the forum." Good to have you aboard.

John

Thanks I was trying to gather some info but I pulled the trigger and will be closing mid week been sailing for about 35 years just looking forward to getting from point A to point B no matter which way the wind blow's on one tack

Thanks I was trying to gather some info but I pulled the trigger and will be closing mid week been sailing for about 35 years just looking forward to getting from point A to point B no matter which way the wind blow's on one tack

I hope "pulled the trigger" merely means that you decided to get it and let the chips fall as they may. :) I was a sailor for about 17 years (much less than you, to be sure), but sold the Allied Mistress 39 and bought a trawler when I figured that I was getting too long in the tooth to singlehand any more. I do miss sailing, to be honest, but the comfort of a trawler is nice.

Best of luck, and it would be nice if you would share your experiences with the new boat on the forum. Those experiences are sometimes good, and sometimes bad, but always interesting. Especially to those of us who experience them vicariously.

John

I don't know if it's THIS Durbeck, but if it is, this boat has been in "my most interesting monohulls" for some time now. The shot was taken just off Block Island. I love the boats looks, and would love to know more about the boat. I've never seen a Durbeck like this one for sale. Please let us know more about this boat.

Attachments

• Durbeck 46 at Block Island.jpg
    Durbeck 46 at Block Island.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,366
Welcome aboard. You live in one of the nicest New England towns. Always enjoyed Wickford. Nice boat. Good luck.

Now that is one interesting boat we are in Hilton Head today and walked one of the marinas looking at boats today nothing that interesting

please upload more pics if you have them Apogee

Apogee: I keep my boat in Allen harbor in n.k., thre is a boat exactly like that on our docks. From what I understand, it was originally a research vessel. If you want to see it, go up on the top of the main ramp and look to the last dock on the left. It's name is Madeline.

Apogee, sweet looking boat. Enjoy and welcome aboard!!

There are some some drawings and pictures of the Durbeck 45 in the first edition of VUP by Bob Beebe. The design was done by Steve Seaton in about 1970. Beam is 15', draft 5'3", displacement (very heavy) 64,000 pounds. Durbeck had a reputation for producing very heavy (thick) fiberglass layups. Contact Steve for more information.

That IS a Durabek, Madeline. I took the photo of my friend's boat at Block Island several years ago.
His was completely redone before he bought it.

There is a Durbeck Seaton Trawler named Borrowed Horse that goes to Georgetown in the Bahamas. I'm not sure what size it is but it does not have the large foredeck like the one in the picture you posted it. It was shaped more like a Krogen. Not sure of the correct terminology here. I'm a 35 year sailor who is just learning about trawlers.

Welcome aboard :)

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

For what it's worth, Krogen is styled like a Durbeck as the Durbeck preceded the Krogen by a few years in the early 70's.

Back
Top Bottom