Are You Flexible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbum29

Guru
I don't know about you but crawling around working on my boat can be tough as I'm not in great shape anymore.

Now flash to the admiral. She's been doing yoga for about a year and she runs circles around me.

So last night after plying me with a few glasses of wine, I agreed to try a beginners class in yoga.

Will I survive this?

Better option, since she's in better shape than you and since we both know that yoga is not a manly thing and since she loves the boating life then.......

I've always said there should be a class called "trawler yoga". This old frame has been beaten and twisted so often that getting into the tough spots in the boat is getting more and more traumatic. My Admiral is also in Yoga, and I have practiced it in my youth. Maybe I'll join you, but I do have an ego and for sure I'll look like a 2 X 4 trying to put its ends together.

Attachments

• DSCN4508.jpg
    DSCN4508.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I've always said there should be a class called "trawler yoga". This old frame has been beaten and twisted so often that getting into the tough spots in the boat is getting more and more traumatic. My Admiral is also in Yoga, and I have practiced it in my youth. Maybe I'll join you, but I do have an ego and for sure I'll look like a 2 X 4 trying to put its ends together.

Supposedly I will use a chair...

I tried some private lessons a few years ago but I remained distracted by the instructors tramp stamp

;)

Last edited:
Supposedly I will use a chair

A chair!? Huh. All that would be is something else for me to fall off of. I may as well start on the floor cuz that's surely where I'll end up.

I can barely fit my feet between my twins. You basically have to hang from above or find a very small mechanic.

I don't know about you but crawling around working on my boat can be tough as I'm not in great shape anymore.

Now flash to the admiral. She's been doing yoga for about a year and she runs circles around me.

So last night after plying me with a few glasses of wine, I agreed to try a beginners class in yoga.

Will I survive this?

Better take your GasX!:D

Better take your GasX!:D

:thumb::thumb: Hmmm...yeah. Maybe I'd better lay off the 4 bean and bacon burrito the day before class. And BB....I don't think the hot-house thing is gonna help dispel any accessorial gaseous expulsions.

Last edited:
Another couple of nights doing yoga and you will be able to transfer your post about how to get rid of chafing over here.

You have to be careful what you agree to when you're liquored up. Mine always agrees to selling the house and bigger boat when on the rum but forgets the next day.
Being small and flexible is the reason the teak work on those Tiawan trawlers looks so good.

I'll look like a 2 X 4 trying to put its ends together.[/QUOTE]

Now that is funny.

SD

We've actually been considering moving onboard our boat, opening an office we can work out of and start looking for a bigger boat.

We've actually been considering moving onboard our boat, opening an office we can work out of and start looking for a bigger boat.

Wouldn't that be like a shoemaker that is barefoot? You know - you being a real estate professional.

For years I have been telling single women to take up boating, and single men to take up yoga. Never thought that yoga could help with the boat work.

Marty

You guys make fun, but seriously yoga is good for everyone at every physical fitness level at every age. Whether you just want your boat-yoga (engine room work) to be less painful or you want to seriously get healthier....yoga is a great way to do it. Give it a try! :D :thumb::thumb: :D

You have to be careful what you agree to when you're liquored up. Mine always agrees to selling the house and bigger boat when on the rum but forgets the next day.
Being small and flexible is the reason the teak work on those Tiawan trawlers looks so good.

We have a rule....DRUNK PLANS DON'T COUNT!!!

I can barely fit my feet between my twins. You basically have to hang from above or find a very small mechanic.

I have a friend/surveyor who was telling me about a yard bill. He saw on one of the lines...."Midget services". He thought that was their way of being cute and saying that they charged an extra "tax" due to the access issues on his boat. Well it turns out that there is a "small person"(midget) lady that contracts to the yard when they need someone to get into tight spaces.

True story!:)

"I remained distracted by the instructors tramp stamp"

LOL

Reminds me of when I wanted surfing lessons on the beach in Costa Rica the winter after I turned 60. The choices included the Aussie chicks, but I decided that for the money I would actually rather learn to surf, so I went with Esteban.

"I remained distracted by the instructors tramp stamp"

LOL

Reminds me of when I wanted surfing lessons on the beach in Costa Rica the winter after I turned 60. The choices included the Aussie chicks, but I decided that for the money I would actually rather learn to surf, so I went with Esteban.

Esteban a doode?

Would it just be easier to buy a bigger boat? Or maybe hire a mechanic?

Be a man and just say no! This exercise stuff is grossly overrated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom