Pt 41

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeM

Vessel Name
Tuscan Sun
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
This boat fills just about all of our requirements except that it is on the wrong coast...and its a little early on our timeline. But it seems like such a good value compared to others we have seen with similar features that I am wondering if it is still worth looking into. Does anyone have any insight or comment on this particular boat?

1986 PT Europa Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Since I have gotten no replies to my general question, I'll ask some more specific ones.

1. What do you think of the build quality of Cheer Man?

2. How reliable is the Lehman 225 engine?

3. Does $92K seem like a good price considering the condition...at least as reflected in the pictures?

Thanks, Mike

We have a PT52, and truly enjoy her. She is a 1989, so we have been repairing the typical things expected of an older boat- replacement of the fridge, macerator heads, electronics, etc.

She is solid, and I wouldn't hesitate to take her anywhere.

he Lehman engine (assuming it has had decent service history) is bulletproof and reliable.

Greetings,
Mr. MM. I have no specific answers to your questions but in general terms:
1) Build quality is less important, to some extent, than how the vessel was maintained. Granted, if initial quality is not there more problems will arise over the years but will be MUCH worse if a good maintenance regime has not been followed.
2) I don't like turbo charged engines myself but that's just me. Again, maintenance is the key for a long lived reliable power plant.
3) The boat will sell for whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
The pictures DO look good. The interior appears clean and tidy. The ER and engine itself appear the same. What little electrical is visible is neat and not a "rat's nest" like I have seen and what I have on my own vessel. She appears to be tastefully decorated and seems to have an adequate assortment of electronics. I REALLY like that helm chair! I'm also not fussy on the single throttle/transmission controls but again, that's me. She's a pretty boat.
Bottom line is: If at all interested, by all means look further into purchase and shipping and don't forget GET A SURVEY!!!!!!!
Early in your time line???? Hell, you may die next week. (lets hope not).

Since I have gotten no replies to my general question, I'll ask some more specific ones.

1. What do you think of the build quality of Cheer Man?

2. How reliable is the Lehman 225 engine?

3. Does $92K seem like a good price considering the condition...at least as reflected in the pictures?

Thanks, Mike

We have a 1985 PT 38 Sedan and have owned her for 18 years. We have no complaints about the boat itself, had a few small window leaks when we bought her but re-bedding the windows involved have fixed that problem.

We have a 135hp Perkins engine, same heritage of diesel....no troubles, just maintenance. The price sound right. Basically we love our boat and she has always looked after us. Good Luck, get a good surveyor and mechanic and crawl though a the nooks and crannies with your eye open and don't be afraid to ask questions of the owner.

After we bought our boat the previous owner wrote us a letter basically stating that if we ever decided to sell phone him first....warm and fuzzy, maybe..........:thumb:

Hopefully, we love our individual boats.

232323232%7Ffp54366%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3949598%3A89336nu0mrj

Last edited:
Hi Mike ,

Guessing you are on the west coast, we have a PT41 for sale in Mass. http://m.yachtworld.com/mobile/boats/1983/Cheer-Men-PT41-Europa-Trawler-2632383/Newburyport/MA/United-States

Great boat, very solid and clean, just a bit too slow for our liking right now. The one you are looking at looks good too. The Ford Lehman 120's we have are great and reliable. We will entertain all offers.

Good luck.
Donny

Donny,

Actually we are on the East Coast...Virginia Beach. I did see your boat on Yacht World, and it looks very nice. But, at the risk of igniting a firestorm, I am leaning towards a single engine.

Thanks, Mike

Donny,

Actually we are on the East Coast...Virginia Beach. I did see your boat on Yacht World, and it looks very nice. But, at the risk of igniting a firestorm, I am leaning towards a single engine.

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike,

Ahh, got it. For the right price I will remove one of the engines :) Best of luck, they are great boats.

-Donny

Thanks all for the advice and info. Donny, I wouldn't take the engine out just yet. We are still exploring options and learning in prep for my retirement in 2 years. While I am leaning towards a single for cost and maintenance reasons, I think my wife might feel more comfortable with twins. That said, the boat we like best so far is a KK42, but we want a centerline queen. The one we saw had the offset master berth. So we still have some work to do to figure things out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom