Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #92
siestakey
Guru

City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandEagle View Post
Your requirements for number of cabins is one of the major problems -- most folks with the money to buy 60 foot boats are retired and not worried about long-term rugrat infestations. Hence they are more worried about big VIP guest suites than packing kids in bunks.

There is however one boat that I know of that will meet your needs. I have been aboard this boat and it's waaayyyy beyond creampuff. Originally built for Harry See, of See's Candy (and as an interesting aside, he sold the the wooden Garden in Portland to replace it with this boat). However the reason I know the design so well is because this is an exact sistership to Island Eagle. The layout for a family just does not get any better. Three roomy double cabins forward, one massive master aft. Full height, walk-around engineroom with exterior access. The one for sale has a captain's cabin in the pilothouse, which IE does not have. Saloon that seats 10 comfortably.

Price is a bit high, but I'm guessing there is some room for negotiations.

1967 Sutton/DeFever Steel Hull, LRC, PilotHouse Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Amazing boat as a young boy we would ride our bikes to the boat yard and watch the Greeks work

Sutton produced some amazing working boats back in those days