Power Pulse 12 Volt Desulfator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
After reading a few post about the use of a desulfator it got me wonering. How many of these do you use? Do you use one for each battery or just a bank? I have four 6v Interstate batteries for the house and two for start one for each engine. I'd like to keep the batteries in top shape. Thanks for the input.

I used one pulse unit for each bank of six golf carts. Do they work? Got 8 years out of my first set of batteries, current set has 7+ years and still going strong also got 11+ years out of a group 31 generator start battery (Interstate). Changed from an AC powered pulse device to one that runs on 12 VDC. Only works when battery voltage is above 13+ volts so it worked when on shore power or when underway charging the batteries. I'm a fan.

So that`s what a Power Pulse does. Multi stage chargers, my solar regulators included, have an "equalization" phase to desulphate plates.

I used one pulse unit for each bank of six golf carts. Do they work? Got 8 years out of my first set of batteries, current set has 7+ years and still going strong also got 11+ years out of a group 31 generator start battery (Interstate). Changed from an AC powered pulse device to one that runs on 12 VDC. Only works when battery voltage is above 13+ volts so it worked when on shore power or when underway charging the batteries. I'm a fan.

Sounds impressive and I.m interested. I made a couple of these years ago from plans on the internet. They worked on batteries being stored but they did not come out "marine grade" so I never but them aboard.

The website did not make it clear that they only worked while charging as you did above so that answers one question... The other is, do they interfere with any of your electronics?

I have used one for years BUT , without a side by side check of two battery banks have no idea if it is helping.

Long battery life usually comes from understanding batteries and NOT KILLING them.

Back
Top Bottom