Painting interior fiberglas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cotton1

Vessel Make
1976 Albin 25 Deluxe
Refinishing the interior on an 1976 Albin 25, what type of paint will work on the unfinished fiberglas?

Bullseye 123 primer (doesn't even have to be topcoated inside)..
Shop Zinsser Quart Interior Latex Primer at Lowes.com

recommended by Capt. Chuck on the Trawler "Beachhouse" and used by some with all good results..on many surfaces of varying prep and cleanliness. Not a miracle paint but the price and performance has been hard to match....and in every hardware store out there I think...

If you want to get fancy...a good 2 part epoxy is the best bet...but a lot of work and money...plus a misery to remove it if starts to fail.

Sticking is seldom a hassle with any paint on a clean surface.

Interior paint should be low gloss , or eggshell as reflections from a very reflective surface can create a BARFORIUM.

Intl and the rest sell low gloss cabin paint for a reason!

Zinnzer Mildew Proof House Paint. Accept no substitutes....
Tintable, selfpriming, water based, non-toxic, 3 glosses, will not mildew, UV resistant.
Best stuff since sliced bread.

I like using the Zinnzer Bullseye 123 primer because it's semi gloss and doesn't need a primer...:D

So does a few others on here...they have had good luck with it too...:thumb:

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!

>What is a BARFORIUM!<

A boat interior that was poorly designed in terms of ventilation and choice of interior fittings and paint.

Highly reflective items , chrome or SS as well as reflecting paint or cabin soles increase sea sickness from the moving reflections.

BARF !!! Below !!! Add a poorly ventilated galley , and its a BARFORIUM!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom