Does Yahoo mail suck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awpptdt

Vessel Name
Donnchaidh
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 40' sedan
In my opinion Yahoo mail sucks, I have great difficulty logging on and using yahoo mail. Extremely slow or mostly non-responsive. Yet during these (dailey) issues I can log onto any other site with no problems then go back to Yahoo and still have the problem. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

I've used yahoo mail for years, never had any problems at all. In fact it's about the only computer thing that hasn't been a problem...

My only issue is that it kept wanting me to switch from Yahoo Classic Mail to the new format. The old format is much easier to see a larger quantity of information, especially on an I-Pad. Eventually, they didn't give me any choice. So far, it seems OK, but as one would expect, more ads. I suppose I shouldn't complain. It's been a reliable service.

I have used Yahoo for years and it has its good and bad points. Especially for those who are mobile and need to check email from anywhere in the world. I have tried a number of different e-mail providers, but haven't found anything that works for me any better yet.

Lately I have noticed that it is taking longer and longer to open files and emails on Yahoo. But the other e-mail providers are equally bad and some are worse. The adage, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!"
applies to e-mail and search engines too. That's how you pay for the use of their service.

Much of the delay is caused by the advertising that the provider downloads to you with the page or document you open. Its not just a popup with a couple thousand KB picture anymore. Now they are streaming ads to you using software like "Flash Player", and many sites are downloading advertising malware software, like "Double Click", to your PC.

If you get too much of this junk-ware running in the background, it can really impact the speed of your PC. Download a good Anti-Malware program that will scan and remove it. I use and have good success with Spybot search and destroy and run it at least weekly or anytime I think I may have visited a questionable site.

While my IT trained and employed son thinks I'm crazy...as he and all of his friends use Google...all my friends that have G-mail are the complainers and I have not one problem with Yahoo mail...so my advice is a toss-up. You'll get 2 solid camps of satisfied and there's better out there.

I had so many problems with Yahoo (for email) and bellsouth (for DSL) that I switched to gmail and comcast 3 months ago. Not 1 problem so far, I am very happy I made the switch.

My first and only personal email is Yahoo. It's been flawless since 1984 or so.

Can't speak on yahoo, but hotmail certainly took a dive into the macerator!! I now use Gmail and not a complaint yet.

The latest Yahoo hack a couple months ago left me essentially locked out of my 10 year old account. Customer support was no help so I started a Gmail account and now wonder why I didn't do it sooner.

Long time account owner of a yahoo account, the classic mail was fine, no real issues. Then I got hacked and went back in and cleaned out account, finding the new version is SLOW. I think it's trying to do too much at once, thus really slowing the load speed down.

Wow. Yahoo still exists. This is the kind of valuable info I get from TF.

+1 on GMail. I have Yahoo accounts too. I find them both equally reliable. As mentioned above, the "improved" versions Yahoo is always pushing devote more screen real estate to advertising and are slower to download because they're bloated with javascript and flash. Google does it too, but at least they seem to care about performance.

I think I still have my original AOL account, too. Don't use that one much any more.

Yahoo lost an email I spent ages typing last night the screen faded on 'send' and the email vanished, no copy left anywhere I can find and nothing saved in drafts. That and it requiring me to re-sign in daily when I tick the 'keep me signed in box, means I use my gmail account much more often.

+1 on GMail. I have Yahoo accounts too. I find them both equally reliable. As mentioned above, the "improved" versions Yahoo is always pushing devote more screen real estate to advertising and are slower to download because they're bloated with javascript and flash. Google does it too, but at least they seem to care about performance.
Izozi6nqgxioyycoicioyc
I think I still have my origkmkqzzinal AOL account, too. Don't use that one much any more.
Zzzàa
Xfoc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom