30' Trawler on Craig's List in Portland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the new members was talking about wanting a Willard a few days ago. Talk about one falling out of the sky.

One of the new members was talking about wanting a Willard a few days ago. Talk about one falling out of the sky.

Anybody know if it would be feasible to tow it back East with an F-250 Power
Stroke?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the nicest $30K boat I think I've ever seen advertised!

Don when I build the trailer that's how my Owens will be towed. This Willard is just a tad bigger both length and weight but F-250 power stroke will get it there for you IMO

Thats the nicest $30K boat I think I've ever seen advertised!

:iagree:

The Pictures look good. A nice looking boat.

Fred P.............

Don,
I don't think it would be any problem with that truck. I bought a twin diesel 32' Monark in the 80's and it was towed by a Ford PU from Boynton beach Fl to Boston. That Willard would look good with Tenn BBQ rub for a Bow moustache.

If there's no great surprises the only downside is that it appears to have the old fuel tanks. Other than that (and that's not really a small item) that's the best buy on a W30 that I've ever seen.

I wouldn't sell mine for that and this one looks great compared to mine.

Damn that is a nice boat!!!

The second mouse might get the cheese but not with well priced boats. Don ain't got time to post, there's boats to buy.

I think Don is half way to the Left coast by now with his new trailer and F-250!

Bonjour from Quebec City.

Thinking about buying it, moving it up to the Seatle area (maybe LaConner sounds good) to cruise the San Juans. Then bring it to Tennessee to put it on the lake. Looks like a fun boat to kick around in.

Eric, any idea of the weight?

I would have bought in a minute had it been around a week ago. Now I got a Tolly. I'll play in that for five or so years and then do something. Have to agree pretty clean looking.

C'mon Don, ya can't steal in slow motion! That Willard is probably gone. If nothing else, it would make an Awesome "dorm" at Flagler.

C'mon Don, ya can't steal in slow motion! That Willard is probably gone. If nothing else, it would make an Awesome "dorm" at Flagler.

Capt. Jack, you may well be right. I am trying to figure out how you get forward for line handling and anchoring. If you have to move along the narrow edge of the cabin hanging on the handrails, I guess that would leave me out.

If you have to move along the narrow edge of the cabin hanging on the handrails, I guess that would leave me out.
Why? Stomach too big? :blush:

Why? Stomach too big? :blush:

Tch, tch, tch, I'm going to tell LouLou what you said about her!

Oh boy, this is going to be good.:facepalm:

This is what she says about thatl

img_177212_0_db88929dc0648ef8fd36088b57e6bdb4.jpg

Last edited:
Come out of hiding Walt. You're going to have to face it sooner or later!

30' Trawler - Portland, Oregon

All,
It seems that this discussion has gone a bit sideways. The boat is what it is.
Randy

All,
It seems that this discussion has gone a bit sideways. The boat is what it is.
Randy

Sorry about that Randy. I am waiting for a couple of answers if anyone has them dealing with both the weight and the front deck access. It may not sound like it, but I could be a serious prospect for the purchase. It's just that I am in Canada for several days.

Thanks for bringing this boat to my attention.

Run your bow line along the side and tie it to the side rail so it's always ready and buy a windlass, Don. No worries!

blackpearl.jpg

Their absence above, reminds me how much I like my pilothouse Dutch doors.

Last edited:
Anybody know if it would be feasible to tow it back East with an F-250 Power
Stroke?
At around 17,000 pounds not counting the trailer, you might be biting off more than your F-250 can chew.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom