Fuel Tank Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanJ

Anyone have an idea what it would cost to replace the original fuel tanks in a 32 ft Grand Banks.
*I am to understand the fuel tanks were built thick, one of the tanks is showing a fair amount of rust on the areas you can see but*i'm*more concerned with what I can't see.

The Grand Banks sites may be your best bet for this info but if it were me I would first MT the tanks and carry out an internal inspection to check if there is any visible breakdown from inside.
Get an ultra sound done of the tanks if possible especially around the tank tops and fuel fill.

Carry out replacement as a last resort.

Benn

There is a ton of information on the refurbishment, repair, and replacement of fuel tanks on the Grand Banks Owners site, http://www.grandbanksowners.com/index.php The site has a very user-friendly search function for the archives. Enter "fuel tank" or "fuel tank replacement" or whatever and you'll get more information than you can imagine.

You have to join the site in order to use most of its features but joining is free although they do accept and encourage donations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom