transporting a 14 foot high trawler from the west coast to the east coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to my broker, there is a plus about 15% value on the West Coast over the East value. My Surveyor also made note of the increased value for my vessel in the West over it's current location (at time of survey). There is a glut of boats almost everywhere it seems, just not a glut on the ones people want to buy :) There is money everywhere. The average new boat here is aluminum with outboards and goes for $150,000 plus and is on a trailer. Probably gets used 3-5 times a year after the first two years of ownership. Takes money to watch it sit in your driveway while you make payments on it, not using it, instead of getting rid of it :)

I think your right on target with your Willard. Bringing her back to her place of origin is the best market. The driveway thing is true of motor homes and even large boats just check the hours on boats that are a decade old. The boat we are looking to transport will be our full time home and plan on some fairly extensive travel and not a floating condo, not that there's any thing wrong with that. We already live on the water. We love visiting other small island and coastal communities. Thanks

<I thought all the money is in D.C and New York but I forgot about Hollywood. Thanks>

With union prison guards making $150K a year , there is lots of credit for boats in CA.

I used yachtpath I think it was and when I told him I was not shipping a million $ boat the price came down by $10000. cost me $15000 from Lauderdale to Victoria BC with no bridge removal and very boat friendly

my reasoning was ...$8000 shipping by truck plus the cost to re and re the FB (does not apply to you I guess) and your boat is never the same...so I shipped it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom