Recliner chairs for trawler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gar

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Heritage East 36
Hi All, I am looking to take out the built in dining set-tee in my trawler & would like to put on 2 'comfortable' chairs. Anyone know of a source which the chairs will fit thru the cabin doors and can be assembled. I looked in Ikea, which are made this way, but would like other options. Thanks

Most boat spaces do not have the room for a Lazy Boy or similar recliner as the back tilts to the rear , taking a huge amount of space.

RVs have the same problem so the RV/boat folks is the place to look.

Villa Lift Euro Recliner, Glastop Inc.

We visited last fall and the units are very nice and quite comfortable
Im 6ft the bride is 5.2 and both liked the fit.

Since the company sells to the boat market , sadly they are boast bucks pricing.

Any chair will need some sort of tie down to keep it from going thru a bulkhead.

Reactions: gar

Attachments

• 51mRLsj4mpL__SY450_.jpg
    51mRLsj4mpL__SY450_.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 218
Actually, most recliners are designed to come apart so you can get it into tight spaces. We installed a LazyBoy love seat on our boat but didn't discover that it came apart until after we moved it in. Additionally, there are designs called wall huggers that do not take a lot of room behind the recliner. Our love seat is one, and we absolutely love it. Arctic Traveller

I have 2 inexpensive, compact "Club" bucket style "leather/vinyl" chairs. The legs unscrew, getting them in was easy. Comfortable, and look good. Sorry no pics.

Stressless are the most comfortable recliners I've ever sat in. The have a small footprint but a huge price tag. I've seen them in a few boats.

We have a Stressless chair, medium, fits my 6'4" 230lb OK. Wish we had two but built in sofa preclude. Many of the Krogens we've visited have them. Very comfortable.

We have two Lazy Boy leather recliners, one his and one her. The smaller "her" one also has a leather ottoman that I keep beneath the adjacent settee table, but both are wall huggers and even with the ottoman, they don't interfere with walking space through the salon. I'm 6'1" or so, maybe 235, and I've slept comfortably in both chairs.

Attachments

• recliners.jpg
    recliners.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Mine are OEM...stupid POS Carvers!!!!

PS...these two dudes are GIGANTIC!!!!

image-950112007.jpg

Well there goes my preconception of the forum members as doughty, gritty no nonsense tough as nails John Wayne types.............recliners forsooth!

Bring back bare boards and splinters.

What next, fluffy pink slippers? :eek:

Yeah, which one is you John? Talk about soft livin'....

recliner

I bought an "RV" Euro recliner from these folks. Assembled in the saloon. GBs don't have a lot of room for these free standing chairs but this fits.
Bill
Amazing Grace

I bought an "RV" Euro recliner from these folks. Assembled in the saloon. GBs don't have a lot of room for these free standing chairs but this fits.
Bill
Amazing Grace
Hi Bill, Can you tell me the maker of the chairs you assembled? thanks

recliner

gar,
We just came home from the boat, it might be the 7th before I can confirm make.
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom