Boat maintenance places in Panama City, Florida . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwnall

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
I do not believe that I have seen any postings on here from anyone in the Panama City area, but there may be someone on here from that area. So it is worth a try to ask if there are any good places there to have maintenance work done on a boat. Not that I need anything right now, but I feel sure that the issue will come up at some point, and taking it across the Gulf down to the West coast of Florida, or, even worse,to the East coast of Florida, is a pain. Not much available in this immediate area, unfortunately, but Panama City is not all that far and I could do it entirely on the ICW with two overnight anchorages.

John

Last edited:
If you are willing to take it to Mobile Alabama, there is a great yard there, call Dog River Marina. They have a outstanding yard for all work including mechanical. My boat is located in Tampa and I take it there for all my major work. Just ask for the owner,, Sonny, and tell him Intervale sent you. I have over 20 years of boating throughout Florida and the East Coast, I haven't found a better more repeatable yard. You can also talk to them for a reference in Panama City, they also do work in that area. Dog River's phone number is (251) 471-5449.
I hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

There are many yards along the northern Gulf Coast I have never needed to have work done at any of them so couldn't make a recomendation. It might be worth a road trip stopping at some of the bigger marinas in PC, Pensacola and Orange Beach and ask around. From the ICW I have seen Port St Joe Boatworks, Saunders, Barbers, and there are lots of mechanics that will go do work at the marinas, if the boat doesn't need hauling.
Good Luck,

Back
Top Bottom