View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #24
Moonstruck
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Eric said, " I took a course on design in college and we concluded (after a weeks debate) that design was "an organized solution to a problem".

I can buy into that. I think that certain ratios of features are a big part of that such as Georgian architecture that I had mentioned. Palladio certainly had an eye for it. It also shows in many boat designs that appeal to me such as Burgers and Hereshoff designs.

This organization or ratio carries even into the perception of the human face. Most women that are considered beautiful have faces that are structured according to certain parameters. Of course not all women considered beautiful fall into these classic proportions. Sophia Loren's face did not yet she was and is to me a strikingly beautiful woman. So, I guess it is how the elements combine to create a pleasing design.

The infinite number of ways to combine elements assures that new designs will always be coming forward. Taste changes, and designs are caste away. However the good designs become classics.
https://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote