How to change your name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JanisK

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
NightinGayle
Vessel Make
Tradewinds 42
Hi
My avatar identifies me as Gemma which was my boats name. However in honor of my other half I have changed it to NightinGayle. How can I change my avatar or identity to now reflect NightinGayle without losing all of my previous content?
Thanks
Janis

Janis, click on User CP, top left of screen, and there are sections there for editing profile, settings, avatar etc - so then just basically follow the prompts. Hope that helps. Yelp if it does not pan out.

Pete
Thx for replying so promptly. I've looked and looked but I can't find anywhere to change your name... Appreciate any ideas.
Thx
Janis

Pete
Thx for replying so promptly. I've looked and looked but I can't find anywhere to change your name... Appreciate any ideas.
Thx
Janis

Ah, yes...the name...
Janis, I think that is something linked to your actual log-in. So you go through the same motions as you would to change your password, then change the name as part of doing that. You will probably have to choose a new password as well, because I suspect it will keep telling you that password is already in use, and just yelling at it "I know - it's my own damn password" does not work - I know - I have tried it elsewhere on other forums.
If you still get stuck I suggest you PM our Janet

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=2

Pete
Thx but no joy. The password link only allows password changes. Not surprising. Plan B called for. I will try and contact Janet.
Appreciate yr help.
Cheers
Janis

Janet H.... Help how do I change my name and not lose historical stuff?
Thanks
Janis

Zero idea on the technical aspects, Just hoping you held the customary midnight chanting and sacrifice ceremony to appease powers that be for the boat name change.

Bruce,
The name change occurred with ceremony. First removal of all references of the old name, a sacrificial bottle of champers offered to Neptune and poured in the waters north, south, east and west with the appropriate recital followed by naming with the new name of NightinGayle ( for the admirals pleasure ) with lots of libation!

I think/hope Neptune is appeased!

With all that champagne you are pouring away I'd say he was not so much appeased as inebriated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom