Mark's Coot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Animal,

You might want to take a look at North Pacific. Our 39 Pilothouse is a fairly low powered single at 230 hp and will cruise between 6 and 7 knots at about 2 gph.

Rob

Animal,

You might want to take a look at North Pacific. Our 39 Pilothouse is a fairly low powered single at 230 hp and will cruise between 6 and 7 knots at about 2 gph.

Rob

Ah! Ok! I didn't realize the North Pacific line were full displacement boats. Love the 28, btw!

So in the "Currently Produced, Full Displacement Under 40'" category:
Coot 36
Nordhavn 40
KK 39
DD 382
NP 39
N36/GH36 (if one were to allow twins but still limit it to low total power)

That's certainly a wide range of prices. What else fits this bill? What about the pocket range (<30')? Anything?

I suspect that the North Pacific is not a FD boat. Would only require half as much HP if it was. I think it's more like a NT or GB. One never knows though until you see the hull aft below the WL. Could be just another overpowered boat.

Brokers and other sellers like to call then FD as it helps to sell trawlers.

I suspect that the North Pacific is not a FD boat. Would only require half as much HP if it was. I think it's more like a NT or GB. One never knows though until you see the hull aft below the WL. Could be just another overpowered boat.

Good point. Rob didn't say the NP was FD, he just offered up that it wasn't packing all the unnecessary HP the other boats come with.

My John Deere mechanic says working on a JD4045 four-cylinder, 80-horsepower engine like the Coot's is a rare event. High-horsepower, six-cylinder engines are the norm. (Al FlyWright, do you recall the amp-output of my "high capacity" 24-volt alternator?)

img_176247_0_d3e0a68ae6ca4deb4277e9ca6ad3e627.jpg

Checked it yesterday and the thing says 150 amps.

img_176752_0_25004085531e2d7ccd8683f0863e4037.jpg

Animal wrote,

"I suppose that is high output for an 80hp motor!"

I have a 135 amp alt on my 40hp ENGINE and consider it high as well.
And it's never shown any indication need to be on a bigger engine either.

Back
Top Bottom