An Island Gypsy Burgee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
Anyone interested in putting in for a custom made IG burgee based on the IG flag that adorns our boats?

There is a current thread about this, sorry don't know how to attach.Bottom line is, the flag costs about $57 plus $45 art work & postage. If a few of us were interested I think we could get a high quality burgee for about $100 based on;

Attachments

• IG2 003.jpg
    IG2 003.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 165
OK, stop pushing at the back, there's plenty for everyone!

Well that idea went down like a lead balloon.

Now if you could come up with a relatively inexpensive, but nice, replacement for the crossed flags emblems we'd be interested. The last quote I got from Mark Halvorsen for a pair would have required us to take out a second mortgage to buy and ship them.

Yep I agree. I've looked around for one as well. My port side has the famous
'Island Gyp' logo.

Tell you what David, if you are really desperate I will don my wet suite, and in the dead of night, climb up Bruce's anchor chain and prise his port side logo off with my trusty Swiss Army knife, then slip over the side with barely a ripple. He would be none the wiser, except he may post an outraged thread here. :socool:

Last edited:
Tell you what David, if you are really desperate I will don my wet suite, and in the dead of night, climb up Bruce's anchor chain and prise his port side logo off with my trusty Swiss Army knife, then slip over the side with barely a ripple. He would be none the wiser, except he may post an outraged thread here. :socool:
Right, that`s it. The dog may be old, but a few nights onboard will be fine, she`s filing her teeth sharp right now in anticipation. Grrrrr.
Mark H sold me badges at $150 in a moment of weakness at the Boat Show, couple of years back. Price was still near larceny. I had an email chat about badges with a new sales agent, somewhere in USA,they were none too helpful either but may be worth a try for David. No details kept unfortunately.

.Bottom line is, the flag costs about $57 plus $45 art work & postage. If a few of us were interested I think we could get a high quality burgee for about $100 based on;

If you give the guys at Prestige Flag in San Diego a call, they make the highest quality burgees available and will cost you much less than that. They supplied all of our Navy pennants and YC burgees and their quality is amazing. Should cost ya about $30 each after artwork (one time charge).

Is this still available

Anyone interested in putting in for a custom made IG burgee based on the IG flag that adorns our boats?

There is a current thread about this, sorry don't know how to attach.Bottom line is, the flag costs about $57 plus $45 art work & postage. If a few of us were interested I think we could get a high quality burgee for about $100 based on;

Do you still have any of the island gypsy emblems

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom