winter covers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albin43

Vessel Make
Albin 43 Trawler
i have a metal frame and then had it shrunk wraped and added a plywood door for my first winter aboard. i was wondering what you all do in the colder states for a cover if anything? a large reason for my cover was so i could remove my decks over the winter. post photos and tell me what you do. im thinking after my decks and glassed and boiler is complete i wont cover her next year.

img_1242_0_73b1c2a52611b7523c86eb49fe385fb6.jpg

Jakob,You could head south for the winter!!! Seriously, we came home yesterday after 3 days on the boat. It was 29-30 at night, 45 or so during the day. The reverse air heated the boat well- but it was not too comfortable because of being hot higher up and cooler lower down. We ran a couple of fans on low to mix it up which helped. Condensation on the windows, etc. kept things feeling damp also. I guess wintering in Belize would help:)

Glassing with most resins requires some minimum temperature to be on the substrate , and maintained for a while.

Epoxy might be formulated to cute really cold , but its E$pensive.

A heater setup would be required that did not add moisture to the air.

Best guess is rip & strip under cover , patch with epoxy and heat lamps the deck , and do the GRP in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom