View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Pittsburg is quiet with good food choices nearby and a good breakfast/lunch restaurant on the premises. They have ValvTect marine diesel. Prices there and Antioch are among the best in the area. Sometimes Antioch (3.5 miles east of Pittsburg) beats the Pittsburg price, so check out both if shopping for the lowest price. The Antioch marina does not have much to offer in the way of food or amenities.

I stayed several nights in Clipper Yacht Harbor in Sausalito last October. Great folks there and the KKMI yard if you need any last minute repairs. There's a good grocery store about a block from the marina with a West Marine and a couple good restaurants on the way to the grocery. Markpierce treated us to an very good and interesting 'fusion' dinner at a restaurant called Avatar in the neighborhood. I had a lamb dish that was excellent.

Like Nsail, if I was headed from CA to WA, I'd hang a right out the gate and keep the land to my starboard side...but that's just me.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote