• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Wanted: Small trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosey

Vessel Name
Due West
Vessel Make
Barry Farrell 32
Just sold my boat and am boatless for the first time in26 years!
Looking for a small trawler in the Pacific Northwest.
Must be 34 feet max. LOA including swim grid, etc.
single diesel preferred.
Anybody got any leads, other than what's on Yachtworld?
Appreciate any help.

I have a 29' Prarie for sale in Stuart, FL (772) 285-2266 Cadillac

Thanks but that's pretty far to travel (we're in Victoria B.C.).
M.

I suggest looking for either a 34 Tolly or a 36 Uniflite, Both are avail sound Pufer Sound for ~30 ie less ... gas. If you can fund either WU diesels ... GI for it or, if you can afford the repower do that.

I am selling my 2013 Ranger Tug R-29. 90 hours on the Yanmar 260 diesel, every option except macerater and solar panel; plus brand new custom built Loadmaster trailer. Will ship to you. Private party. Can be viewed on Yacht World or email me and I can send pics and specs. gmeansdmd@verizon.net. Thanks, Gary

Small trawler for sale

I just put my 2013 Ranger Tug R-29 on the market. 90 hours on Yanmar 260 diesel. Every option, plus, other than macerator and roof top solar panel. Fresh water boat on Lake Erie. Private party. Brand new (used once) custom built trailer. Will pay to ship. email me at gmeansdmd@verizon.net for pictures and full specs. Best regards, Gary

Thanks for the suggestions.
I am familiar with both boats but neither will work.
Our slip at the club is 34' LOA and there's a 5 year wait list for anything larger.
Most boats calling themselves a "34", like the CHBs, Tolly's, Unifllites, etc. are generally at least 2' or more longer by the time you measure the swim grid, the anchor platform and any other hanging equipment.
I like the Tollycraft 30 S but they all seem to have twin gas engines. A Campion 30, Prairie 29 or one of the smaller Taiwan trawlers such as the Tung Hwa 30 would all work as they are under 34 even with a dinghy on the grid. Locally available (i.e. B.C. or WA state) would be far preferable unless it's a great deal that warrants extra travel and shipping.
We're still looking and welcome any suggestions!

I'm assuming that you have no interest in the Ennos Sapphire 32 that I PM'd you about. It would fit your berth and is relatively local in Campbell River.

This is the same reason I chose the Tung Hwa Clipper. It fit in a 30' covered slip (hundreds less than the next size up). Good luck in your search, there are a few of us Tung hwa's out there. Island Gypsy has a 30' as well and something you should keep in mind.

BTW, there is a decent shape IG in LaConner. Here is the link http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/4019496128.html

Last edited:
Conrad,
I got your PM regarding the Ennos. I don't know much about them and haven't found much on line. Do you have any more info or pictures of your boat?
And yes, Campbell River is definitely in my definition of local!

Adelaide,
We're heading to Annacortes/LaConer this afternoon and intend on looking at her if I can get hold of the fellow.
Thanks,
M.

You might look at the sundowner tug out of production for several years. - this is a 30' raised pilothouse vessel. should fit the slip.

Adelaide,
We're heading to Annacortes/LaConer this afternoon and intend on looking at her if I can get hold of the fellow.
Thanks,
M.

Have fun, there is a little restaurant called the 'Tavern' on the water in Laconner with great food (fish and chips sandwiches etc...). It's not fancy..... Its a bar along the street/restaurant in the back, along the channel. It's also very reasonable. Enjoy your search.

If you like the type you could go w a Willard 30 w a short bow pulpit and put stern davits on and have a really nice dinghy.
I'd do it but I don't like bow pulpits and we have no extensions. That means we can rent a 30' slip. And we do.

Guru

Guru, Thanks for asking. Not being cute here, but I am selling for personal and family reasons which are private. Love the boat. New to this forum. Not sure I'm doing everything right. Gary

if my boat was on on the west coast ... i'm sure it will be the boat for you.

Hi Mosey,

Just read your post so I may be a little late, but...I have a Prairie/29 on the other side of Georgia Strait if you are still interested.

David

Found Her!

After being boatless for over 8 months we found our new baby.
She's a 1990 Barry Farrell designed West Coast Trawler.
For those not familiar with Farrell's boats there are literally hundreds of Farrell designed commercial fishboats of all sizes on the West Coast, particularly in B.C..
"Due West" was never a fish boat but was built as a a cruiser, but built LIKE a fishboat; i.e. tough and no B.S.
There's a ton of projects to get her to where I want her but that's part of the fun, isn't it?
Thanks to everyone who posted and sent private messages.
M.

Attachments

• DSCN4447.jpg
    DSCN4447.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 967
Congratulations and enjoy!

I like it.:thumb: Please tell us more about it, and post pictures. Congratulations.

What a handsome boat! I've seen a number of the BFs on the coast and they appear to be a really sturdy trawler. We'll keep an eye open for "Due West" this summer - maybe we'll bump into each other...I mean....

Mosey: Love the boat and it's curvy lines. A real lady! Sincere Congrats.

I agree with the others, really nice boat, do you have a picture of that stern, looks interesting, all the best!

Not looking for a small trawler. Am actually selling my 2013 Ranger Tug R29. Perfect conditions with less than 100 hours on the diesel. Every option and then some. If anyone is interested they may call me at 814-969-4245. Just dropped the price from $249,000 to $209,900. Gary

Distinctly Farrell look. Probably way overbuilt hull. I recommended the same boat to a friend who was looking for manly, not yachty, boat.

After being boatless for over 8 months we found our new baby.
She's a 1990 Barry Farrell designed West Coast Trawler.
For those not familiar with Farrell's boats there are literally hundreds of Farrell designed commercial fishboats of all sizes on the West Coast, particularly in B.C..
"Due West" was never a fish boat but was built as a a cruiser, but built LIKE a fishboat; i.e. tough and no B.S.
There's a ton of projects to get her to where I want her but that's part of the fun, isn't it?
Thanks to everyone who posted and sent private messages.
M.

Very nice, please post interior pics!!! :thumb:

thanks

Thanks for the feedback; we're pretty happy with her.
A couple of you asked for more info:
She and her sistership were built (hull & deck) at Independent Shipwrights in Coombes, here on Vancouver Island, for two friends who then parked them in their yards and helped each other finish them.
She's got a Cummins 210hp BT 6 on a vee drive (i.e. the engine is in the middle of the rather massive cockpit, freeing up interior space). Does 8.5 knots at a fuel burn of about 2 Canadian gallons per hour, top speed of 14 knots but I imagine the fuel burn is ridiculous. She is very heavily built and can keep up speed and stability in almost any weather as witnessed by an incredibly rough February delivery trip where she held up a lot better than her crew, none of which were newbies!
The previous (second, I'm the third) owner had rolling chocks installed which gives her a real solid feel for a boat of her size, they reportedly added a bit of top-end speed as well.
She's definitely not a "cutesy" yacht but does have really great lines; the surveyor referred to her as a "masculine yacht".

I'll take and post a couple of interior pics and shots of her sexy rear end in the next day or two.

Nice Farrell, and I've seen and owned a few. Let me know if you are selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom