Cats 3208 T/A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Is there a standard fuel filter or does it depend on the fuel filter system?

We have twin Racors with 2 micron elements as primary, as the spin one as secondary on our 3208TA engines

Hey Alaskan. I know you have been looking for this.

Spec sheet 3208 T/A

Attachments

• Spec Sheets - Cat 3208 Propulsion.pdf
    93.7 KB · Views: 68
No worries, glad I could help.

H. Foster

Just heard from a friend in Alaska that has a 54', 50,000lb boat with 3208 (375hp). He stated at 9-10kts @ 1150-1250 RPM, he is getting 1.5 to 1.7mpg. He and others have said they are great motors but do not like operating at the higher RPMs

He and others have said they are great motors but do not like operating at the higher RPMs[/QUOTE]

I wil second that. The fuel consumption really climbs when you run them up.

sd

Yes as far as fuel goes...but they are tough enough....most sporties run them 200rpm off the pin (I did and they are still going strong (30 some years old with over 5000 hours on them in a 37' sportfish).

Though for fuel burn...not too bad...I used to burn 10 GPH each side for 20 GPH pushing a 37 spotfish at 20 knots...or 1 NMPG.

As one mechanic used to say about them...they were tens of thousands of them in city busses and garbage trucks....from idle to the accelerator mashed to the floor...city block to city block year after year....

Yes as far as fuel goes...but they are tough enough....most sporties run them 200rpm off the pin (I did and they are still going strong (30 some years old with over 5000 hours on them in a 37' sportfish).
I ran my Cat 375s at 2400rpm quite often and they seem to thrive on it.

Sister ship Ocean Alex 42

Attachments

• OA 42 Sedan.jpg
    OA 42 Sedan.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom