1st Solo Trip...Gulf Islands, Here I Come!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AKMary

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kingfisher
Vessel Make
1974 Meridian Yachts Pilothouse 48
I can't believe it, but I'm actually on-the-go. Had planned on running up to Desolation Sound but minor mechanical issues are keeping me closer to home, so I'll be playing around the Gulf Islands & San Juans for the next 2 weeks before heading back to Puget Sound around 9/8/13.

Plan tonight is to anchor up in Glenthorne Passage on Prevost 8/25 and work my way from there to Montague Marine Park. After that...who knows? Enjoying the scenery and gaining skills/confidence are my objectives.

The MV Kingfisher is a friendly gal - give us a shout if you're in the area! :)

Cruising in our backyard, so many great places! Wish we were out cruising now but work is still number one right now. Enjoy and welcome to Canada!

We just returned from doing the same thing. 18 days cruising the Gulf Islands and the San Juan Islands in our Willard 30 named Kingfisher. Had a great time.

Awesome,
I cant think of many places better to cruise. Have a great time. Go to Telegraph Harbor and get some coffee from Pot of Gold Coffee roasting company. There are good places around there to set some crab posts as well.
Scott

We are in Telegraph now. Need to get to Vanc Airport by Wed noon ... weather prediction us less than great, May go to Nanaimo and take a ferry!!!!

Anyone nearby hail us at 16 ... We are the Aquila. 34ft Tolly.

We are in Telegraph now. Need to get to Vanc Airport by Wed noon ... weather prediction us less than great, May go to Nanaimo and take a ferry!!!!

Anyone nearby hail us at 16 ... We are the Aquila. 34ft Tolly.

You could also go to either Montague or Ganges and take a floatplane.

Scott Welch
Island Eagle

Back
Top Bottom