Northern Lights M844W2 Injection Pump Leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DamianJP

We have a Northern Lights M844W2 with 2400HRS. that is leaking around the fuel injection pump.

Is there a rebuild kit for the pump or is it better to replace the whole unit? Anyone have any experience with this problem?

We are mechanically inclined , if there is a rebuild kit can we handle rebuilding it? Or is it out of our league?

Thanks and awesome forum(s) !!!
DamianJP

I had exactly the same problem after about 3000 hours. This is the first thing that I ever had a problem with. It's a great gen set.
I just had a local shop rebuild it, everything works great back in service. What was funny is it ran great,it just leaked a little. If had it repaired before I did have a problem.
Good luck

What was your cost for Parts?

What was labor?

Trying to find a kit that I can do it myself but if the cost is low enough, it might help on the downtime of the boat letting a "Pro" do it.

Thanks for a quick response,
DamianJP

We have a Northern Lights M844W2 with 2400HRS. that is leaking around the fuel injection pump.

Is there a rebuild kit for the pump or is it better to replace the whole unit? Anyone have any experience with this problem?

We are mechanically inclined , if there is a rebuild kit can we handle rebuilding it? Or is it out of our league?

Thanks and awesome forum(s) !!!
DamianJP

You do not want to rebuild an injection pump yourself.

Take it off and bring it to a reputable diesel fuel system shop for rebuilding.

Most leaks are from modern diesel eating seals.

Rebuilding a pump is a big deal, resealing may simply be R&R a couple of O rings.

Call NL and ask, if you have a problem , probably hundreds of others do too.

I tried the O rings first , which didn't work. You may be lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom