Real Pretty New England Port!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art

Guru
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
America’s Prettiest Towns!

Camden, Maine - In Photos: America's Prettiest Towns
“Camden is a prototypically New England small-town seaport,” says Cochran. “It's like a movie set. In fact, it has often been a movie set.” Camden retains a certain salty grit and allows more of its working-class roots to show – though, like many New England seaside vil...”

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efel45fhdf/camden-maine/

At a very young age, in the very early 70's... Upon gutting a 5 year abandoned clothing manufacturing building I designed, constructed and 51% owned a fairly large tavern and restaurant called “The Hunter”; inside Camden’s center area (210 capacity, bi level band stage, dance floor, big game room) - - > My partner Albert Richards and I (bless his soul) catered to Penobscot Bay lobstermen, Glouster Mass fishermen, and area woodsmen as well as construction workers! Those Were some FUN Days... My Boating Friends! :thumb:

When link opens, if necessary, hit "Continue to Site" - upper right corner

Last edited:
I too like Camden a lot. If only their anchorage wasn't so rolly!!

David

David

David

Next time you visit Camden ME by boat go to far right side as you begin to enter Camden Harbor proper, i.e. "Shermans Cove"... much less rolling action. Be careful for tide height, dark bottom shoal extends way off shore from Shermans Cove beach, with 6' +/- tides. Look just about center of cove beach and you'll see an older single story log cabin house set back about 75' from a slowly eroding beach edge, not too much higher than water level (maybe 20' higher on a gradual sloping front lawn and then small-bolder sized breakwater stones at high water edge. We sold that property couple year ago!

Happy Boating Daze! - Art :speed boat: :popcorn:

David

Call ahead to Camden Yacht Club or Wayfarer Marine for a berth on one of the inner harbor floats. IIRC Camden YC charges $35/night for a float. No rolling, dinghy dockage or YC launch included and a front row seat to the harbor traffic show.

Ahhh...the seventies; when drugs were clean and sex couldn't kill you :D

Great post Art... It's always nice to see places one can go on their vessel!

H. Foster

That is one pretty place...wannagothere....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom