Beaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
So as not to trample on the beautiful thread that Eric has going on Alaskan beaches, I thought it would be good to have one on all other places. Here is the beach on the north end of Great Guana Cay in the Bahamas.

img_175029_0_40003d63710bd3b1b7080e114956e352.jpg

Niiiiice!

Here's the "beach" in Klewnugget Inlet (with my back against the forest) off Grenville Channel, north coast BC, Canada;

Attachments

• Klewnugget 2013.jpg
    Klewnugget 2013.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 76
A cove and beach on Martinique, French West Indies.

Marty

Attachments

• Martinique beach.jpg
    Martinique beach.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 80
And to get there at 25 knots is priceless! :blush:

Yep, 168 miles and tied up in 6 1/2 hours. Just can't arrive too soon!:D Life's a beach!:thumb:

Lots of islands and isolated beaches.

I had to get these in before Marty and LarryM blow us all out of the water.

img_175056_0_a318ee4ff604795f0fbdf4996629ff9e.jpg

Last edited:
Sanibel Island. (The stretch where, for some reason, you don't see a lot of sunbathers) :rolleyes:

F

Wonderful. I was hoping someone would do the beach thing somewhere where I can't go. I love these tropical pics.

Don what is that darker stuff in the water in the first pic? Rocks, weed? ...

angus99,
WOW .. look at all the clam shells. How do they get there or stay there. Do they make black gooey mud in time?

Last edited:
Wonderful. I was hoping someone would do the beach thing somewhere where I can't go. I love these tropical pics.

Don what isthat darker stuff in the water in the first pic? Rocks, weed? ...

Eric, that is coral rock. The coral reefs are very near shore. In fact, so close you can swim out to snorkel. The marine life around the reefs is amazing. Just off shore on a sunny day the bottom is clearly visible at over 50 feet.

WOW .. look at all the clam shells. How do they get there or stay there. Do they make black gooey mud in time?

Eric, a lot of the shells on Sanibel don't stay there; it's one of the top shelling beaches in the country. I'm pretty sure the shells just get pounded into smaller particles and mixed in with the sand. As for mud, you might be thinking of pluff mud, which is common in the salt marshes of S. Carolina, and which can suck people's boots off their feet.

I've enjoyed your pictures, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom