Engine Water Outlet Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supertramp

Vessel Name
" Supertramp "
Vessel Make
Marine Trader Widebody 50 feet
I can not find the wateroutlet from the engine block on my Ford Lehman Super 135 .
Also in the manual I can not see anything. someone has an idea?

Do you have a wet exhaust or a dry stack?

The exhaust " normal ", two water circle, salt and sweetwater.
The works good but i will chance the water from the machine, its very old.

Maybe have owners with a 120 hp ford lehmann an idea?
Or Owner with Ford Lehmann never chance the motorwater :confused:

Greetings,
Don't know about the 135 but on the 120, the drain for the block (this drains the anti-freeze) is on the same side as the intake/exhaust manifold just aft and slightly above the oil dipstick. There's a small valve which you open.

Greetings,
Don't know about the 135 but on the 120, the drain for the block (this drains the anti-freeze) is on the same side as the intake/exhaust manifold just aft and slightly above the oil dipstick. There's a small valve which you open.

Thank You, i will see that on my Lehmann.
Perhaps i have only a screw and not a valve, let me see.
I will report next week over this.

Greetings,
Have some buckets, rags and a water hose close by. Don't drain the engine when hot and wear safety glasses. If you don't have a valve, this may be a good time to put one on. Um....You're gonna get wet...

I_has_a_sad.gif

Greetings,
Have some buckets, rags and a water hose close by. Don't drain the engine when hot and wear safety glasses. If you don't have a valve, this may be a good time to put one on. Um....You're gonna get wet...

I_has_a_sad.gif
I was thinking the Motor-Water hot , but very very hot - the water goes out more quickly :rofl:
All clear, thank you so much, the next week i will do this operation with the cold machine.
Greeting
Norbert

Greetings,
Mr. super. Draining engine oil when it's hot is good. It does drain faster and more "stuff" is in suspension BUT an oil change is usually under very controlled conditions. Changing anti-freeze can be chaotic particularly if you don't have a valve on the block or a fitting of some sort to connect a hose to. The LAST thing you want is scalding hot water/anti-freeze spraying all over the place with YOU in the line of fire!

Greetings,
Mr. super. Draining engine oil when it's hot is good. It does drain faster and more "stuff" is in suspension BUT an oil change is usually under very controlled conditions. Changing anti-freeze can be chaotic particularly if you don't have a valve on the block or a fitting of some sort to connect a hose to. The LAST thing you want is scalding hot water/anti-freeze spraying all over the place with YOU in the line of fire!

Thanks, yes you are right. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom