Old 08-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #11
SCOTTEDAVIS
Guru

City: Vero Beach, FL.
Vessel Name: FIREFLY
Vessel Model: Pilgrim 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum29 View Post
Didn't replace blower motors, put high water bilge alarm 3 ft from bottom, wires running across battery terminals not in looms, vacuflush pump improperly rebuilt claimed it was a seal in the head, supposed to clean, remove rust on engines and repaint - just painted over the rust..

Still checking the rest of his work.

I know that this is my fault, that's why I'm so livid.

And I forgot the fuel gauge on the starboard tank, the tank filters at the fuel manifold.

Not sure if he changed the oil cold or didn't change the filter because after a few hours the oil became extremely dirty.

Never sent me the oil analysis results from the v drives, if it was ever done at all.

For what it's worth, diesel engines will turn brand new oil to blacker then night in about 10 min. I have several diesel engines under my care and they all do this, not to worry it's normal for the oil to be black, all of them do it.

I rember my first oil change on a Cummins 5.9 I checked the level of the oil aboout 30 min after a full drain hot (truck engine) and filter change and it was as black as it was before I changed it.
SCOTTEDAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote