View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
brian eiland
Guru

City: St Augustine, FL
Vessel Name: RunningTide
Vessel Model: 37 Louisiane catamaran
This 'redesign' subject originally came up over on another subject thread, and the suggestion was made to start a new subject thread. Well, here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
If I were to redesign the Pilgrim 40 to be a steel hull below the deckline, what hull shape might be the best compromise? That's what I am researching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandEagle View Post
Naval architecture is a complex undertaking; if you really want to get a good idea of the answer to this question, it would be worth paying a competent designer for a few hours of their time. I'd highly recommend Tad Roberts, who you can find on here or at Tad Roberts Yacht Design. You might also have a look at Michael Kasten's designs, Kasten Marine Design, Inc. - Custom sailing and motor yacht design..

Scott Welch
Island Eagle
Yes Scott, it has been far too long since my studies of boat designing (1970-71), so I would definitely collaborate with a fully trained designer,
I have talked recently with Jay Benford who lives right across the Chesapeake Bay from me. I've also talked with Mike Kasten before on another project, and there is another fellow David deVillers in NZ who is on my list.
brian eiland is offline   Reply With Quote