Arthur DeFever's Most Popular Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, you guys are going to love this. Forget the Defever question. The broker put me in contact with the wrong owner. It's actually a 52ft Custom. Owner says all fasteners are bronze screw fasteners. It that good or bad?

Bill
2400 miles from Honolulu

Ok, so as everyone skirted round it, and no-one actually answered my question, I take it having the roof of the aft cabin intrude into what would otherwise be a nice covered aft cockpit does not work that well, (exact vessel length being irrelevant here), but yez love your boats so much otherwise you put up with that..?
I guess it does shade the aft cabin in summer and keep it cooler, for sure...
The 48 DeFever built by CTF Marine (and a last few hulls built by Pocta) in my opinion is a wonderful design. It's easy to say why is the aft trunk cabin in the way, etc... but the fact is that this design allows you to have a 48', 3 stateroom boat with two full heads and a huge engineroom. On the outside she is more like a Europa / Sedan trawler with an aft cabin. She has a low center of gravity and is a great sea boat for her size. Get over the awkwardness of the aft deck and consider it's merits: full walk around low decks with raised bulwarks, an aft deck area low enough to fish off of, transom door and a space to sit under cover plus it's a damn good looking boat!
It is also my understanding that this same hull was the one used in the CTF version of the 49 Pilothouse. The Pilothouse version has much more weight up high and quite a bit more sail area plus it has no 3rd stateroom.

The 48 DeFever built by CTF Marine (and a last few hulls built by Pocta) in my opinion is a wonderful design. It's easy to say why is the aft trunk cabin in the way, etc... but the fact is that this design allows you to have a 48', 3 stateroom boat with two full heads and a huge engineroom. On the outside she is more like a Europa / Sedan trawler with an aft cabin. She has a low center of gravity and is a great sea boat for her size. Get over the awkwardness of the aft deck and consider it's merits: full walk around low decks with raised bulwarks, an aft deck area low enough to fish off of, transom door and a space to sit under cover plus it's a damn good looking boat!
It is also my understanding that this same hull was the one used in the CTF version of the 49 Pilothouse. The Pilothouse version has much more weight up high and quite a bit more sail area plus it has no 3rd stateroom.

No arguments here.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom