The Admiral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AusCan

Guru
Vessel Name
Kokanee
Vessel Make
Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
I think we are all very lucky guys. Most of us have beautiful boats and a great life where we can enjoy them with family and friends.
It seems almost all of us get a lot of support from another person, otherwise none of this would work out.

This thread is dedicated to the Admiral / Wife / Partner / Better-half / Girlfriend or whoever it is.

G and I have been together for over 30 years, and has been the catalyst for our happy life in every way.

She loves being out on the water, never gets seasick, can create a feast out of the most basic ingredients, helps me with mechanical work, and keeps a close watch of the boat while I'm away.

She amazes me by getting fitter every year, recently taking up surfing, and entering in this years 12km City to Bay run. She is impressive.

Apologies for the bragging, but I got the #1 girl around.

Attachments

• DSCF8337.jpg
    DSCF8337.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 219
  • marina.jpg
    marina.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 198
She loves being out on the water, never gets seasick, can create a feast out of the most basic ingredients, helps me with mechanical work, and keeps a close watch of the boat while I'm away.

Apologies for the bragging, but I got the #1 girl around.
I have to admit...she's a keeper! :thumb:

Ahem, I beg to differ with you about your Admiral being the #1 girl. My admiral, who goes by the title Galley Wench, (a title of her choosing by the way) and I have been together about 8-9 years.

She'd never been on a boat before we met and took to the deckhand duties like a pro. As an example....last year we were coming back from a 12 day trip down the Columbia to Portland, OR for the Blues Festival. We were about to enter the lock at John Day Dam with five boats from a Portland Yacht Club. The other five boats headed into the lock ahead of us, but due to the superior line handling skills of my Galley Wench, errrr, Admiral, we were the first boat tied up inside the lock.

Not only is she a great deck hand, she's an excellent cook and is my best friend in the whole world. She also helps do the oil changes and impeller changes on the engines, keeps the batteries filled with water and has changed the genset impeller by herself. (I have a hard time fitting in there!) Here's my nomination for #1 Admiral.....

img_172004_0_f875b407cb54cee07377276fda4ea5aa.jpg

Last edited:
No question - Trawler Mates top the charts! :thumb:
Mine is just starting to learn but she is eager and committed to be the best at handling lines and at nav.

Attachments

• 20130702_140518.jpg
    20130702_140518.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 111
Nice try guys...

While not married, the co-Captain and I have been together almost 30 years, and won her Hero badge 25 years ago by signing onto my dream of sea kayaking the coast of BC. We each paddled our own kayaks and spent 6 months exploring the length of BC's coast, including 2 months in the winter. Never complained once!

We both equally share the joy/delight in having Badger, and look forward to decades of exploration and photographing BC's north coast together.

Here she is enjoying a recent dip in Bishop Bay Hot Springs. (Last time we were there it was on our kayak trip, in November, and she stayed in for hours!)

Attachments

• K in Bishop Bay Hot Spring '13.jpg
    K in Bishop Bay Hot Spring '13.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
In addition to you guys here's the one that puts up w me.

Christine

She likes to play but prefers to work and does well on the boat.

And she likes to travel in the car .. my kind of gal.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 065 copy.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 065 copy.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 208
  • STH71257 copy.jpg
    STH71257 copy.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 188
  • STH71880 copy.jpg
    STH71880 copy.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 195
  • STH71765 copy 2.jpg
    STH71765 copy 2.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 285
  • STH70905 copy.jpg
    STH70905 copy.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 203
I think each of the above Admirals has earned a #1 ranking for putting up with the likes of us!

I think each of the above Admirals has earned a #1 ranking for putting up with the likes of us!

That there is one incredibly valid, and painfully truthful point.

I have to admit...she's a keeper! :thumb:
I quoted that regarding her first...because AusCan left out the main plus...she...not him...she, wants to circumnavigate Australia. Now for me that makes her the mother of all keepers...and I mean that in the nicest possible way. (Andy G, take note)

My wife of 47 years loves to boat (even though she does not swim at all) and has always trusted my skills on the water and is a great mate on the boat. It just keeps getting better!!

Attachments

• P1070705-2.jpg
    P1070705-2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 177
Back
Top Bottom