View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #19
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
[QUOTE=cseitz91;172241]He said he owes $50k on it, and thats what he wants for it. I thought that was high for what the boat it, and its current state. From what I have been told Volvos are expensive to repair. I would ofcourse do it myself, but that doesn't make parts cheaper. Any ideas what a ball park would be for a boat like this? Another thing, the inserts around the small ports windows, and exhaust vents have little cracks around them in the gel coat. Is this something terribly bad say if moisture gets in the cracks, between the gellcoat and fiberglass?[/QUOTE

Really hard to say without really seeing it and the bottom..if it's full of blisters and never barrier coated....wow...

Just in salvage, one working motor, one core, and a few bits and pieces...minus the cost of getting rid of the rest would be down in the $10-$15,000 range I would GUESS. I would guess floating with a decent bottom...somewhere's around $20-$25000. If the interior is good except the front windows and the other systems are relatively new...maybe $30-$35,000.

Can't say for sure...but I think it would bring more if it was a single as long as the single engine was working well.

Realistically...to offer him what he needs out of it would be a real stretch in my mind....I doubt he thinks it's worth less than $50K but it sure doesn't sound it.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote