Old 08-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Phil Fill
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portuguese View Post
Phil Fill said: So what are you installing and what brand? Due you hae a separate basttry bank for the electoincs only or is that house?

The boat is coming along! What is the splash date?

I am installing a Garmin 4010 GPS/Chart/Radar/Depth, a Simrad AP24 pilot and I will have an old, used but in good shape, SIMRAD NX40 Chart/GPS/Fishfinder as back up.

In the future, I will a have a 105 Amps battery underneath the electronics to exclusively support them. This battery will be charged by a solar panel.

Splash will be in March although the boat is ready in October. The reason is that the place where we will launch the baby in the water is a vacation resort which from September to March suffers an increase of 30% to 40% in prices of everything. Also heavy/wide truck loads pay absurd tolls during Summertime. It is better to stay put in the yard waiting for calmer and cheaper times. I am also pretty busy during summertime to finish my current work project.
For a single I would have a rudder indicator. Nice to know where the rudder is.

Did you buy a bundle package? At the Seattle boat show the brands that had everything bundled was Furuno, Garmin and Raymarine.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote